“Good place, would return”
Review of Asia de Cuba

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Cross street: Long Acre
Transit: Leicester Square, Charing Cross, Covent garden, Picadilly Circus
Description: For global travellers with a cultured palate and a love of variety, Asia de Cuba is a destination restaurant with a must-taste fusion philosophy. The iconic St Martins Lane eatery has been newly renovated and now offers an updated menu and whimsical, enchanting interior design. Cuban-born executive concept chef Luis Pous enhances Jeffrey Chodorow's original culinary vision with experimental combinations and a new twist on old favourites. Inspired by the cultural synthesis of old Havana's Chinatown, Pous interprets Asian-influenced Cuban fare for a modern crowd and a discerning palate. The new Asia de Cuba retains the same authentic preparations, tropical accents, and sharing-style presentation loved by guests and food critics alike, now enhanced with a creative new menu and a chic new dining sanctuary. Fresh ingredients, handcrafted dishes, and eye-catching interiors make for an unforgettable dining experience with surprising cultural flavours. Bottomless Brunch runs from Friday to Sunday, with live music on a Saturday. Summer Terrace: Created in partnership with premium gin Tanqueray No. TEN, discover our summer terrace at St Martins Lane which is divided into two elements, representing the hotel’s interior outlets. One part echoes The Den serving Gin & Tonic Afternoon Tea that will satisfy and surprise the most discerning of the tipple’s enthusiasts; the other will reflect Asia de Cuba providing a selection of exclusive gin pairings.
London, United Kingdom
“Good place, would return”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went with my boyfriend for a mid-week dinner. We received a nice welcome from the hostess who took us straight to our table. We both commented on how the tables are spaced nicely apart, not too close like in a lot of city restaurants. We also really liked the ambience generally - the cool decor and the fact that it was buzzy but not a hideous wall of sound. Nice lighting too. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. Great menu. Lovely cocktails. Starters and mains were very tasty but 'Bay of Pigs' dessert was a disappointment and I was kicking myself for ordering it. It was basically one of those colossal sundae-type things whereas I'd expected something a little more refined and unique given the quality of the rest of the food/menu but maybe I just made the wrong choice - I don't think all the desserts were like this, perhaps I misunderstood the descrption, but for a high-end restaurant I would expect more even for this kind of dessert - and especially for £15 ... no wonder they reccommend it!!! It is designed to share but nevertheless not worth the money in my opinion. We paid £171 for one starter, two mains, one side, a sharing dessert, three cocktails and a glass of wine, 15% service charge included. We would like to go back, more for the general experience/ambience than anything else and would also like to try some of the other dishes. On the whole I would reccommend.

• Hebrew first
Surrey
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Lively exciting restaurant.Had the pre theatre set meal. Fantastic value.
Outstanding food and service. We will be back.

1 Thank hbrWoking
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“great service, good food but somehow I was expecting more”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Arrived early and given the option of waiting the restaurant bar or the cocktail bar next door, opted for cocktail lounge but couldn't get a seat as nearly all the tables were empty but reserved, still not a bad cocktail, although the barman could do with some personality implants,

Seated in the restaurant at the designated time, nice décor, and all though I hate the expression it does have a buzz about it,

Waitress was superb great knowledge of the menu and made suggestions on dishes and combinations that were most helpful. Started with the Thai beef Salad, great flavours but a bit short on the beef element,

I ordered the Rib Eye misses had the Black cod, cod was superb, some of the nicest fish I've tasted, Rib eye on the other hand was a bit disappointing, lacking flavour and quite stringy, to be fair though I can't blame the restaurant for the lack of flavour (blame the bull).

Deserts were nice and unusual,

Overall great service and good food (some of it exceptional).

Price, well, it's not cheap, we ate a la carte and didn't bother with any of the offers and paid the price for it,

Nice as an experience or special celebration but I won't be beating a path back there any time soon,

• Visited December 2012
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have had dinner at Asia de Cuba a few times now, and on each occasion the service has been friendly, with the waiter/waitress knowing a great deal about the menu and making excellent recommendations. The food has always been excellent, I love the atmosphere, and while it's not cheap, it doesn't seem overpriced for the quality.

London
“A total disappointment - would never go back!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had lunch at Asia de Cuba with clients. There were 11 people and we ate from the set lunch menu. I have always heard really good things about this restaurant and so was really pleased when they had availability for our large booking. However, I was extremely disappointed buy the food that we were served...

The pork was chewy and fatty, the wasabi mash was cold, and the noodles were not even as good as the kind you would enjoy at Wagamama! The service was okay although they were clearing plates while we were still eating, which is a big no-no.

As we were with clients, I didn't want to make a scene at dinner but they came to our table at the end of the meal and asked if everything had been okay. It was then that I said actually, no it had not. The guy was very apologetic and said it was a shame we had already paid the bill as he could have given us some money off and could we stay for a drink in the bar instead. We declined but he said the restaurant manager would be touch. They offered no explanation as to the poor quality of the food, and incidentally, they haven't since been in touch (and this was over a week ago!)

Needless to say, I would not bother returning to this restaurant and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. There are so many excellent restaurants in London, they simply cannot get away with offering this poor standard, especially at the prices they charge!!