“Authentic Japanese Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Good value, authentic Japanese cuisine. Always very popular so remember to book ahead. Recommend the soft shell crab, and the miso aubergine!

1  Thank Adrian T

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've been here a number of times, and have tried a different dish on every occasion. Chicken Teriyaki was a personal favourite, and the sushi is excellent as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Sorry in advance for the superlatives, but this is an absolutely fabulous restaurant. So glad I discovered it.

It's a kind of hole-in-the-wall place from the outside, but a delightful atmosphere inside.

They have an extensive menu of real Japanese food, including a delicious nasu dengaku. They didn't have another favorite that night -- goma doufu -- but the way they responded when I asked made me think they might have it sometimes. You could even top off your meal with ochazuke if you were so inclined! I think I saw tororo, too.

So many of my Japanese favorites. There were lots of other things on the menu I would have enjoyed, but you can only eat so much in one meal!

And to be clear, it wasn't just the offerings but the quality I enjoyed. The language of choice among the restaurant staff is Japanese -- very reassuring.

Prices are reasonable and service was perfect -- neither too fast nor too slow.

I will be a regular when I am in London (might even make an excuse to go soon)!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I agree with some other reviewers on this site: price is reasonable but the food is far from being the best japanese in London and the place looks a bit uninspired.
On top of this we had to wait 1 hr for our food, and this was on a monday night at 9pm, when the place wasn't exactly fully booked.
You can easily find better options in the city and personally I will not be back

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by my brother-in-law. We travelled via the Underground and it was easily located. The staff were friendly and the menu was extensive. The food arrived and it was unparalleled. We were stuffed but ordered doriyaki for dessert. My husband who would not be a fan of Asian desserts thought it was delicious! We're coming back the next time we're in London and we're planning to work through the rest of the menu.
Don't forget to make a reservation before going because they turned away a lot of customers the night we were there.