“Hidden Gem, good value too”
Review of Asakusa

Asakusa
Ranked #1,056 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Hidden Gem, good value too”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Asakusa is one of my fave Japanese restaurants in London. It is unpretentious and it gives you authentic Japanese meals at an affordable price. Their set menu is approx. £7-10, depending on what you choose and it comes with rice and miso soup. The service is friendly and welcoming. The only downside to this restaurant is that it can be challenging to make a reservation.

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great food at affordable prices”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food here. They have a big selection of dishes and I've tried a fair bit. Particularly enjoyed the hiyayakko and the Ten Zaru Soba. The interior is a bit outdated and its on the otherside of London for me but the food makes the trip worthwhile.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value for money with real Japanese foods”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been there many times, the food is always delicious, the staffs are very friendly and it is quite cheap even though they serve all of real Japanese foods. There are a lot of menus, I think near 100 menus in place. I recommend to book your sheets before you go.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The BEST Japanese restaurant in London”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Asakusa is a hidden gem in London. A comprehensive menu from sashimi to Yakitori to tempura to shabu-shabu inside a homely atmosphere with simple decor. Always fresh ingredients and perfect seasoning, plus the highly reasonable price makes this place simply irresistible.

I'm a regular who has been there tens of times. Agree that service can be a bit slow, which I see this as a by-product of having a superbly comprehensive menu while any meal won't cost you a limb - they only have a handful of chefs to cover the whole menu.

Also worth mentioning they've been chasing us all the way round the corner of the street once at a cold winter night because they found our iPhone that was forgotten and left behind on the table!

I will recommend this place to anyone unreservedly.

• Visited June 2013
“Authentic sushi”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was recommended to try Asakusa by Japanese friends of mine as I really wanted to try great authentic Japanese sushi, They also suggested that I book as this place gets fully booked & you won't get a table when you walk in. They was so right, I booked & so glad I did, it was very busy, the food didn't disappoint at all. I felt I was in local Japan & loved it! It is a simple quaint restaurant, nothing fancy just great food & simple servic!

• Visited March 2013