“Always been the best.”

Andy's Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: Andy's Taverna restaurant in a corner of London that could be reasonably nicknamed Little Greek gem in camden is a charming, casual dining spot with all the cheer of the Greek islands. The white-fronted restaurant has classic blue awnings, while a subtler blue and white theme continues indoors to remind you of whitewashed Greek houses and the blue Aegean. This long-established restaurant is famous for its warm staff, pocket-friendly prices and generous portions. Sea bass and sea bream are flown in daily from Greece. The menu includes your favourite Greek breads and dips to start, main courses of grilled Aegean sea bass with potatoes and salad, and selections of classic Greek pastries for dessert.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My first date with my wife over 15 years ago was at Andy's. Its always been the best!!!!! I am Camden born and bred and this place has been with me from my childhood. Truly great, friendly and value for money.

Take the kids and have a family meal. you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank r1fles
There are newer reviews for Andy's Taverna

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Andy's was able to accommodate my friend and I on Saturday 3rd May, even although we booked at the very last minute. Somehow they managed to squeeze us into an already bulging taverna. We were sat next to a couple who are about to get married, and the groom to be is Greek and I agree with him that that this is some of the finest, orginal Greek Food to be found in London. It was pretty hectic but it all adds to the charm of the place. All of the staff are very friendly, there is a great ambience and a great buzz to the place. I can't wait to go back and will be back on my next visit in July, this time with my husband. They even gave us a complimentary drink of our choice to finish the meal!

Norma and Sandra from Scotland

1  Thank ScotlandChristina
Reviewed May 14, 2014

While the venue is unassuming, they always have fresh fish of the day. The rest of the menu is good quality and nicely done, with a range of vegetarian dishes which is unusually large for a Greek restaurant. The staff are charming. Don't forget to enjoy their retsina.

1  Thank Meg D
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you can be bothered to amble your way of the busy Camden High St to find Andy's Taverna you wont be disappointed. This is a true gem of a restaurant in London. The service is like times gone by where the customer is king. Nothing was too much trouble and we were told on many occasions, such as ordering the house white " well if you dont like it, you can have something else'. When asking what they recommended on the menu - same thing - ' try it , its great , but if you don't like it we will cook you something else. However there was no need, the house white was perfectly good, the starters ( which we totally over ordered and was a meal in itself consisted of fried haloumi, Babaganoush or (aubergine dip) and smoked pork -- all were fantastic.
The mains consisted of Andys special lamb kleftico dish - amazing and a HUGE portion, chicken kebabs - breast of chicken, moist and succulent and so incredibly tasty. Sadly we were in a rush and perhaps didn't have time to fully enjoy the wonderful home made dessert we were given for free - just so we could try it.
The service really was something else, friendly, professional and incredibly welcoming. As a Londoner I've eaten in enough restaurants to know when something is a cut above. Andy's Taverna is quite frankly authentically brilliant - its doesn't pretend to be anything other than a local greek taverna - its brilliant and I for one can't wait to head back.

1  Thank Johannacl
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Delicious Greek food & wine in a lovely setting. Service was great too! A nice hidden gem in Camden and very good value for money

1  Thank LWA75