“Perfect summer lunch in garden”
Review of Andy's Taverna - MOVED

Andy's Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: Andy's Taverna restaurant in a corner of London that could be reasonably nicknamed Little Greek gem in camden is a charming, casual dining spot with all the cheer of the Greek islands. The white-fronted restaurant has classic blue awnings, while a subtler blue and white theme continues indoors to remind you of whitewashed Greek houses and the blue Aegean. This long-established restaurant is famous for its warm staff, pocket-friendly prices and generous portions. Sea bass and sea bream are flown in daily from Greece. The menu includes your favourite Greek breads and dips to start, main courses of grilled Aegean sea bass with potatoes and salad, and selections of classic Greek pastries for dessert.
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect summer lunch in garden”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The sun was hot. Andy's garden seemed a good idea. It certainly was with good shade from the awning. There were three of us and not too hungry. We shared the Mixed Meze for two among the three of us. Even so - we took the final course, Kelfitco, as a take-away. The waiter was charming. The dessert cake and water mellon were unexpected and generous. It was the perfect lunch and setting for a hot Sunday. Just superb.

1 Thank Simon1944

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great Greek food. Lovely garden area. Fantastic service. Chatty and friendly waiters. Nice full restaurant with plenty of atmosphere.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Higly satified!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really recommend this restaurant, several different vegetarian options. Nice and colourful foods served in big portions (proper "mediterranean style"!), relaxed environment and friendly staff!

London, United Kingdom
“Exactly what I was looking for!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

When you come out of a restaurant repeating to yourself "that's exactly what I was looking for!" your review can't be other than five-star!
I am a huge fan of Greece, and find Greeks very entertaining. Well, at Andy's I felt like I was suddenly projected to one original Patras tavernas. Everything very simple, tasty, incredibly generous and... so Greek!

My friend and I opted for one of the two set menus and when we read the 10 starters and number of main courses and desserts for just £19, we figured "Oh well, they will bring us micro-portions... just for a taste!" We were wrong! We got tons of delicious food, including additional plates we had not even ordered but Petros (the manager, I believe) thought we HAD to try!

We drank two bottles of rosé wine from Macedonia, highly recommended by one member if the staff, clearly not because of its vintage or prestige, but because HE liked it, and thought we would too. He was evidently so proud when he saw we ordered the second bottle.
We left very happy and with a £65 bill. Incredible considering what we had!

Clearly something I highly recommend if you like the real Greek style.
I will be back shortly!

2 Thank agwNY
London
“A real taverna”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I love tavernas and this is a real one. Fantastic food and atmosphere. My fish was fresh and cooked like in a Greek island.
Recommended!