“Great find; friendly service and great food at an incredible price”
Review of Andy's Taverna - MOVED

Andy's Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camden
Description: Andy's Taverna restaurant in a corner of London that could be reasonably nicknamed Little Greek gem in camden is a charming, casual dining spot with all the cheer of the Greek islands. The white-fronted restaurant has classic blue awnings, while a subtler blue and white theme continues indoors to remind you of whitewashed Greek houses and the blue Aegean. This long-established restaurant is famous for its warm staff, pocket-friendly prices and generous portions. Sea bass and sea bream are flown in daily from Greece. The menu includes your favourite Greek breads and dips to start, main courses of grilled Aegean sea bass with potatoes and salad, and selections of classic Greek pastries for dessert.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find; friendly service and great food at an incredible price”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfriend took me here tonight and whilst I seldom feel strongly enough about places to write reviews, I feel this place deserve one - a glowing one. We were seated in a small corner as an older couple was moved to more comfortable table because they were "squeezed" in the table we were given and we though "great, so we should be squeezed instead!" However, we had a lovely meal of mixed grill and fish kebab which were both huge portions - the way we like our restaurant food. It was very tasty too.

Throughout the owner Pedros came over to make small talk and to ensure we were OK. On paying, he offered us THREE spirits AND a milk pudding each, on the house! It wasn't merely this generosity that impressed us but more the owner's ability to mingle and be friendly with all guests. The wine went down incredibly well despite normally struggling to finish a bottle between us in one go. The place felt like southern Europe, hundreds of miles away from the Camden hustle and bustle. The only thing I would improve is the tuna on my fish kebab which was a little overdone but by no means did this impact the experience. We were pleasantly surprised when the bill came as well - we'll be returning with friends, that I can promise!

1 Thank E Y

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely hidden gem off Camden High Street”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've passed this place for years and it wasn't until a discount site offered a special deal, that I popped in to sample the Greek delights.
What a lovely quaint place. Pedros the manager will go out of his way to make sure you're looked after. We were given complimentary deserts & a night cap for the road. The place has a real family-run feel and the food is magnificent.
Don't pass this place by as I did for years.

2 Thank showbizsimon
“Lovely little place...brilliant service and yummy Greek food.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited here on Friday night as part of a trip down to Camden and had a blumming lovely time. The baked lamb main course was literally delicious (and I got food envy for all 8 of my friends too!). The only thing that topped the food was the brilliant and friendly service from all the staff...which prompted me to write my first trip advisor review. Loved it.

“Homely Greek food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lovely Greek restaurant, sufficiently off the beaten path to still be quite quiet at times. The staff have always been lovely and helpful, and I've booked here several times for larger groups of friends going out for a relaxed and tasty meal.

• Visited February 2013
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited this little place on a voucher on a Saturday night. It was packed with parties and more people kept coming in. It is quite a hectic place at the weekends so not really romantic, however, it's great for parties and friends. Could do with a redecoration and spruce up but the food is the most important thing really. The food is really good Greek/Cypriot home cooking,especially the lamb kleftico which also comes with potatoes, Greek salad and some veg. It is very good value and not rip off expensive! Not sure about the other food as we both had the lamb but our starters of calamaris and haloumi cheese were nice too. Dessert of Kateifi with ice cream was yummy too. Portions are quite big. The Cypriot wine is really nice and good value - we liked the Thisbe!. We were impressed with this little place and we will be going back! Book if you want to go on a Saturday!

1 Thank Annette G