“Great Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I booked here to start a birthday celebration (11 am). We did not eat here but everyone really enjoyed the experience. There were 12 of us and we booked 2 lanes: there are only 4 lanes so we found it very intimate. We had pre-ordered drinks (buckets of beer and bottles of wine) and they were on the table behind the lanes when we arrived. The staff were very helpful and attentive and our drinks were replenished without having to be asked; they even had a birthday card for me when I arrived. When we finished bowling we went to the bar which was very comfortable with more attentive service. I did not think the drinks were that expensive for a central London location. This is a million miles from an old fashioned bowling alley and I would certainly go ther again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We visited with a large group for dinner and bowling.
The service is very good the waiters are attentive. The food is hot and tasty but expensive, mac cheese for almost £11! Drinks are also quite expensive. The atmosphere is good and a little bit different. I wouldn't rush back but I had fun and if you wanted a team night out that was a little bit different give it a go.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Been here twice now and it was fun, there was a varied menu with nicely set dishes, which were very filling and nicely presented. The decor was nice and funky with a busy atmosphere ambiance. The only thing i s would say is there was slightly slow service and it took some time to get servedm otherwise we all had great fun and would definitely go again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this venue's private room for a bithday party. Overall, I'd say it was a smash hit!

The room is very nice. The tables are all bar seating type tables (tall with stools), and there were plenty of seats to go around (we had 30-40 people there at one point). The room is touted as being able to work for 70, but I'd not want to go over 50 in the space. The room has it's own private bar, two lanes of bowling, and karaoke machine or wii rental for an added expense. We had karaoke at our party.

The venue will set up a 5 frame bowling tournament for teams of 6-8 each for you. It works out very nicely, as everyone gets to have some fun bowlin without being too stressed out on bowling a full game. No one gets bored.

The food, in my opinon, was first rate. We asked for them not to go around serving it and just allow people to graze at their leisure. All of the options were tasty, from meats to seafood to vegetarian. Everyone seemed to be happy with the food. We ordered enough for 35, and we had extra at the end of the night.

Beverages are reasonably priced for Holburn. Actually, they are reasonably priced for London in general. Everything I drank was very tasty, though if you want a whiskey sour, make sure they aren't makling it with scotch if what you want is bourbon. The bartender (John) was fantastic and had some Cocktail-esque moves on him to boot. It was nice to be entertained even while waiting for a beverage. He was also very complementary about how polite and fun our group was...I guess that gets to be a tough thing in the area.

My wife had an absolute blast, so I'd say it was a great birthday bash for her! Thanks to All Star Lanes for a great time!

2  Thank Blakalicious
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked a late night (1am) lane here to finish off my birthday celebrations in London. Everyone enjoyed it and there was a great atmosphere in there with music playing through the night. A little pricey perhaps at £8.95 each per game, but I'd certainly return. Makes a change from the usual night out!