“Nice place”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Transit: South Kensington Tube Station
Description: The Admiral Codrington in the heart of London's stylish Chelsea has been a dining institution for Londoners for many years and is renowned for its excellent British cuisine. Part cosy traditional pub, part elegant and award-winning restaurant, here you can relax at the bar with a pint of Cask Marque ale and enjoy some homemade sausage rolls or dine on native lobster and Chateaubriand steak paired with an exquisite fine wine. Pop down on a Wednesday to savour one of their famed gourmet burgers or make a pit-stop on a Sunday for their award-winning roasts. There is also an elegant private room, the Navarino room, hidden away atop the inn where you can host your own intimate soiree - perfect for special occasions. The Cod has received 1 Rosette by the AA and is part of 'Pub group of the year 2018' by The Good Pub Guide.
Reviewed July 16, 2019

The place is very beautiful and the food they served is very tasty. The barman Rafael is very nice and he prepare us a very good cocktail. I would definately go again

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (280)

Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

We had a large group for dinner and booked the private dining room. When we walk through the side door up the narrow stairwell, I wasn’t expecting much but wow when we walked in to the private dining room it looked beautiful with flowers on the table and looked so grand.

The waiter was so helpful and very accommodating. We had a set menu for large groups with a choice of 3 options for entree, main and dessert and I wasn’t keen on any of the entree options so advised the waiter that I would sit out of entree. He was so lovely taking the time to understand why I wanted to miss the meal and offered me alternative options. He really didn’t have to but bless him, he was so lovely.

The meals were all great, although after 3 courses we were extremely full and glad for the walk back to the tube.

Great pub, wonderful food and fantastic wait staff. Would definitely recommend this pub.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Working in the Knightsbridge area we stumbled across 'The Admiral Codrington' and decided to stop for lunch their. Very welcoming bar area with spacious restaurant area towards the back of the pub. I should also say they have a small courtyard which had been adorned with artificial grass and blossom as they were about to start a promotion for apple based drinks. It was lovely!
I had fish and chips with the crispiest of batters and delicious chips. My partner had the burger and chips which again was delicious. We shared each others meal as they both looked so appetizing and we were not disappointed. I must mention Raphael (the general manager) for the service he and his staff gave us, efficient and very friendly.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

Met friends here before the Tom Jones concert . We had a long relaxed lunch without being hurried in anyway . Our servers were extremely friendly but not intrusive and the food was excellent ! Would highly recommend the "pub specials " sharing platter , delicious .

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Went here on the recommendation of a friend who lived nearby. Lovely neighborhood. Great service and good menu. The front area looks like a traditional pub, but the restaurant in back is airy and chic.

Date of visit: April 2019