Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel
$215
$286
$277
2,135 results
All reviewscovent gardenred lion streetgreat locationbritish museumfamily roommeal dealkids eat freequiet side streetwest endcentral locationleicester squaretheatre landwithin walking distanceminute walknight's sleeppubs and restaurantsexcellent stay
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Sparklingly new new!! new carpet smell........ahhhh............! Great reception staff, checked in early - no prob. Spent two nights here, family of four in 'family room'. One double and two put up beds. Room so small no gap between all three beds, right up to the wall. But not too much bother. Beautiful bathroom. Huge tv. BED SO HARD MY HIP HURT IN THE MORNING!!!! Terrible nights sleep, tossing and turning all night.
Breakfast great. Oh my, the restaurant........ First evening we ate in the 'Thyme' (I think) restaurant. Well, I know it's school holidays but it was like a play centre cafe! Kids screaming and messing about. We ordered, a curry (mine, lovely) steak n chips (daughters, ok) chicken breast (son, nice) and a.... Burger, just cheese and bacon on it please for dad. Ok. Seems simple enough. Oh, and drinks, yes of course we ordered drinks, they came after about 25 mins, a bottle of white wine (we ordered red)
Anyway, waitress #1 was way too friendly/familiar if this is possible - yes in a restaurant it's damn annoying. Hello my lovelies, beautiful, guys guys guys guys..... What in earth were people referred to before the word 'guys' got so over-used???! Aaaagggghhhhh!!!! Just be polite and get the darn order right!
Drinks wrong. Replaced with a freezing bottle of red.
Waitress #3 - stands with plate above our heads, "which of you ordered this?" What is it? Can't see. Shrug. Oh curry. Me .
Burger came with huge blob of a rarebit dressing on. Sent back. Just cheese and bacon please. Manageress (?) "Ok. It'll take about 15 mins but I'll give you another customers" !!!!!! ? Never say that.
Kids meals fine. Burger comes back (manager) - burger with no cheese OR bacon! Sent back. After 10 mins -
Waitress #1 brings burger without cheese n bacon AGAIN. Dad starts banging his head on table. W#1 removes burger. 10 mins manager(?) brings burger and bacon no cheese. Dad gives up and eats whatever is in front of him.
We ate out the following evening :)

1  Thank gemima74
OpsMgr_LondonHolborn, Manager at Premier Inn London Holborn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor, we take all our guests feedback very seriously as it helps to improve on area's that are needed. Im very sorry your experience in our Thyme restaurant wasnt up to the standards we set here at London Holborn Premier Inn. We are working on our restaurant service team to ensure all our guests are served efficiently. Im glad you found the facilities in the room useful and hope the room set up wasnt too much of an inconvenience for you and your family. We operate 24hours on reception to resolve an issues our guests may have, if you wish to discuss any matters further please contact Sherwyn Gonsalves - opsmgr.londonholborn@whitbread.com. Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I watched this hotel being built (as I work only a couple of hundred yards away) and decided to use it when taking my wife to a show in the West End (it's only two tube stops from Leicester Square). The room was a good size, fresh and clean. Large flat screen TV, with the usual coffee making facilities. Bathroom was clean and modern and the shower was perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful and the entrance was modern and bright.

We didn't use the restaurant, although it did look inviting, however we did stop off in the bar on our way back from the show and had a nice coffee. Again the staff were friendly and helpful.

The only (minor) issue was that the bed is very high. I'm over six feet and even I had problems sitting on the edge! Otherwise it was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: The free WiFi is for 30 minutes only, but plenty enough if you are just checking e-mails, weather etc.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased to read your comments about our location, team service and reception layout. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed was a little too high and i hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. We hope that we can welcome you back in the future and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a brand new Premier Inn and what can I say absolutely fantastic.

Very well situated between Chancery Lane and Holborn Tube Stations and also within easy walking distance of Covent Garden, Leicester Square etc if you don't fancy the tube.

Staff were very very friendly and attentive and took a real interest in our plans whilst we were staying in London.

Room was very nice with a lovely walk in shower, comfortable beds and it was so quiet.

All in all a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay her again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review on tripadvisor. Im glad you found our location useful and found it easy to get around London throughout your stay. I will be passing your compliments onto the team and im glad the room was up to the high standards we set here at Premier Inn London Holborn. Im pleased you will return to our hotel in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I recommend this hotel for everyone, we staid there for 3 nights and were really happy about everything. The staff was so nice and helpful and the rooms were very clean and the bed comfortable. Holborn train station was just few minutes walk away so it did just took a few minutes to get to the center of London, e. Oxford circus. And also there was a lot of good restraunts in the neighbour hood.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor, I am really happy to read such positive comments regarding your 3 night stay with us. Our guests find our location very useful as its easy to get around to multiple attractions in London and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. I will be passing your wonderful comments onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 23rd Aug to 25th Aug. Was a bit late to the room as we didn't really get how the tube worked (We had a steep learning curve in this haha) Upon arrival we were 1 hour late, the staff were absolutely lovely and didn't mind at all, as soon as we walked through the door they asked if we were ok or in need of any help. They got us all checked in and informed us that there was 24 hr help at reception if we ever needed it which we thought was fantastic.

Got the lift up to the room, we were on 1st floor, as soon as we stepped out of the lift it smelt lovely, we had to use our swipe cards to even get into the corridor which is good as it makes you feel safer knowing that people cant just stroll into the corridors, everything was so fresh and clean, went to our room and we were very impressed, it was spotless!!

The double bed was quite high which we loved as we are both fairly tall, and then there was a single bed which was lower (which my 6 year old slept in) the quilt was VERY fluffy and warm on both and the mattress was the comfiest I have ever slept on!! There were 2 fluffy pillows on the double bed already and then 2 spares in the wardrobe in case we wanted more. Plenty of powerpoints and even points to plug in USB's etc in the wall. There was a huge flat screen TV with lots of channels and the bathroom had an amazing shower, the bath was really deep as well (I like to have a soak after all day traipsing round London and this was perfect) There was Shampoo and Shower gel supplied on the wall next to the shower which smelt nice.

This hotel is literally 5 minutes from the tube and about 10 minutes from Covent garden/British museum, we also walked to Oxford street. I would say to anyone who doesn't understand how to get around in london to just buy an all day travel card, as it is only about £9 for an adult and gives unlimited journeys on the bus/tube all day until 4am the next morning, otherwise the tube is like £4.70 per journey and if you are likely to get confused this could get expensive haha.

Throughout the night I did not hear ANY noise whatsoever. The hotel is directly opposite a little italian called Isolabella and there is also a little pattiserie on the corner. We made sure we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door before we went to sleep at night and we were never disturbed until we'd removed the sign. Housekeeping would wait until we'd gone out and then come in to freshen the room up. Guests are in control of their own rooms aircon/heating and can therefore make the room as cold or warm as they wish which is fab.

Room had kettle with different teas/coffees etc and also a hairdryer, all i would say is, if you want to hang up your clothes there are only like 6 coat hangers, so bring some if you wish to hang up your clothes, as i wish i had, there is a large drawer to store clothes too but I like to hang my things so they don't get creased,, not a major issue just something maybe worth considering.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, the staff were so lovely and eager to please, nothing was too much trouble, I will be rebooking here again 100%, in the very near future, and am already looking forward to coming back!!! :D

Thankyou!!

Room Tip: Higher floors may be able to see a little more from the windows
2  Thank Truthbetold01

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Holborn. We love to hear and read feedback from guests as it tells us what we are doing well and also where we need to improve. Our location has become an instant hit with both business and leisure guests and I am glad you found it suitable to your needs. Thank you for your comments about our clean, comfortable rooms and the service you recieved throughout our hotel . I am pleased that you had a really enjoyable stay and will be booking with us on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.