Review Highlights

Reviewed today
EwaLondon
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Superb location and setting but left underwhelmed

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $62.60
from $43.00
from $19.60
More Info
All reviews the shangri la hotel window table afternoon tea minimum spend per person booked a table birthday drinks service charge breathtaking views viewing platform champagne bar bar staff tower bridge shard loos gin thames
Reviewed today via mobile

It’s nice to see the view from the Shard from higher than 32nd floor. The bar has nice decor, they accommodated us next to the pool, although very nice I do feel there is pressure to make money and squeeze lots of people in just to make more profit, which is annoying. Cocktails very nice.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We booked a table for 2300, arrived 2255 table not ready. Waited 20 min before I made a complaint, suddenly as by magic a table was available. Came up to the 52nd floor. The bar is claustrophobic and uncomfortable. The service was terrible from the waiter. One of my friends had to wait for drink around 25 min! Not recommended

Reviewed 4 days ago

This was our first visit to Gong in the Shard. A bar venue situated on the 52nd floor of the most iconic skyscraper in London. We booked and my advise would be to book, if not you may need to queue outside for anything up to an hour. You take the lift to the 35th floor and then another lift to the 52nd floor, needless to say the views are stunning, no doubt about it; nothing better than seeing London lit up below.

But for me I was a little underwhelmed; I didn't find the seating comfortable and it certainly felt well worn and needed some refreshing. The staff were nice and super smart but because it was so busy they had no time to chat nor make you feel that little bit 'special'; bearing in mind that six drinks came to £180 (£30 per drink). I was just expecting that little bit more.

The crowd was mixed but predominantly everyone is on their phones taking pics or selfies, I suppose that is what everyone comes for: the views and so they may not care too much about who or how drinks are being served. For me, it's the whole package that's important and i was left underwhelmed. Alas, I will not be back as it is not for me.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had booked the afternoon tea for our 37th wedding anniversary .The service was excellent and we were looked after by a young lady called Madalina she was friendly and professional and she made sure that everything was perfect for our special day, We were surprised by a beautiful plate of chocolates with a Happy Anniversary message.The views were amazing and we lucky as the weather at this time of year can be unpredictable.
The afternoon tea was delicious and once again thank you to madalina for making it special.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Avoid this cocktail.
Just to mention how awkward is one of the cocktail glass (Feel the Force by George Lucas based on Star Wars).
When my order came to the table (big magnet box with the glass on the top) it really looked impressive but no one explained how to pickup the glass.
Asked the hostess for help but she couldn’t remove it either.
When I finally managed to take it out, half of my cocktail ended up on the floor.
Waiter came with the napkin and cleared the mess.
I ordered another, different cocktail which came in exactly the same form.
Tried to take it out- the same happened again. Cocktail on the floor, waiter, napkin, mess.
No refill offered in both cases but that’s not my point.
My “bucket list” experience ended up as extremely embarrassing one.

Amazing views!!!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Gorgeous bar with extremely helpful, courteous and friendly staff. The cocktail list is interesting and thought provoking. The views, it goes without saying, are utterly spectacular.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you stay in the hotel and pop up for a quick drink, the view isn’t that special, really. So you expect to be served within a reasonble time. The same thing apply when you ask for the bill. At Gong, the staff walk around picking with things but no one came to our table, so we had to sit there and wave. With those prices it just isn’t okay. My wife ordered white wine but they came with red. Honestly...?

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the Gong bar on the 52nd floor at the Shard last Saturday, first the security was horroble and rude and they Lied that the bar was full, after I made the phone call to the to my friend who were staying at the hotel, amd another dear friend of mine Sir Charles... they spoke to the manager of the bar and the manager contacted the door staff and I was let in by the door staff(security) first impression out of ten i give them a big Zero!!! I went up to the bar and the bar was almost empty!!!
(What a stunning location)
Then i go to the bar to order some drink for me and my friends unfortunately the bar staff made my visit to Gong bar an unpleasant experience, the bar staff were rude, inpolite and ignorance!!!
I have been to most of the most exclusive bar's and members club's in London and have never treated this way or had this kinda experience!!! I think such beautiful location should have much better employees as if i was incharge of the place all those employees would be losing thire jobs!!!
The service was Not acceptable!!! And they should go back to the drawing board about what kinda people they employ and what kinda customer service they should be providing in such location, specially that it is very expensive too.
Very disappointed!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous views, amazing cocktails, friendly staff and an absolute delight! Looking forward to going again! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a 2 hour slot to celebrate a wedding, our party consisted of ten guests, there was no recognition by the staff of the occasion upon our arrival. The area allocated to us was poorly situated and five of the party had to sit on low stools with the other five crammed upon a sofa suitable for three people. Service was slow and indifferent, with drinks and food Grossly overpriced. One expects a level of expense for special venues but this bar is above and beyond pretentiousness and profiteering. Would agree views of London great, and needs to be seen but beware of pitfalls.