“Great views”

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is located on the eighth floor of the iconic OXO Tower building. It houses three unique areas: the Restaurant, the Bar and the Brasserie, which all have stunning terrace spaces. OXO Tower Restaurant: Offers guests a relaxed dining and afternoon tea experience with a modern British menu focusing on flavour, provenance and high-quality produce. The acclaimed wine list and stunning views of the City of London make it the perfect place to celebrate. OXO Tower Brasserie: Offers diners the opportunity to eat from midday until late with its no-fuss all-day dining menu featuring seasonal British dishes. Stop by in the afternoon to experience the now infamous Not Afternoon Tea, a delicious pairing of cakes and cocktails, or join in the evening to enjoy live jazz music. OXO Tower Bar: Sitting between the Brasserie and Restaurant, this is the perfect spot for a quick lunch or after-work drinks thanks to its cutting-edge cocktails and inventive bar snacks.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We did not eat here on our last visit, just went for cocktails. The location and view is absolutely second to none, the views down and across the river are great. The cocktails are expensive at 12.50 each but they were very well prepared and the service was efficient and the bar staff were friendly. Great location for a special drink, but be prepared for a crowd.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,126)

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Ok. I keep reading mixed reviews but we went last night and it's a perfect restaurant to go if you're visiting London. It's along the water, great views, live music, staff is super nice, and the food is good. We went to the Brassiere, which is more casual, and it's fun. I've been to the restaurant too and it's good too. Go for the whole experience, not just the food.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I dined here with a couple of colleagues and we had a fantastic evening. There was a great atmosphere with live music which was subtle but really set the mood. Food was presented beautifully and the staff were more than attentive. However, we were quite disappointed when the waiter couldn't recommend us a wine - in such a venue you would not expect this lack of knowledge. That said, we had a great evening, fabulous food, very filling but expensive.

1  Thank danielacabras
Reviewed December 30, 2013

on arrival we were greeted at reception with smiles, courtesy and an offer to take our coats.They were expecting us as pre-booked and confirmed my name as they greeted us..It was explained that as our table was not booked out again until 3and a half hours hence so we should relax and enjoy ourselves and that we could also go through to the Bistro and the balconies afterwards if we wished.Food was gorgeous, waiters attentive without hovering over you and we were offered any assistance with deciding on meal choices or wines etc .WTHOUT being in the least bit condescending.The atmosphere and clientel was relaxed friendly yet still the experience felt special. Location/views are beautiful obviously. The head waiter rather coerced me into a dessert which I soon realised was so as he could write Happy Birthday on the dish and add candles to it!! Which was a suprise as I hadn't realized he'd checked with my family was why I had a card given to me at the table.We went through to the busy Bistro and the balcony ..took photos..had a few drinks more and headed home.We were made so welcome there ..I will return to have dinner sometime soon, and I do recommend lunch!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times over the last 10 years and this time decided I may not go again. The location, view and ambiance are superb and really can not be beaten. Parking near by, tubes and cabs all easily available even if the restaurant isn't that central. For an experience it is fab, however for me this time the menu has gone too far down the route of pretty splats of purée all over your plate with miniature vegetables carefully positioned like a piece of artwork rather than a real meal that you can taste and feel like you have eaten something for your money. I understand this is the style of the dining here but it was just a wee but too pretentious and not enough substance.