Oxo Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: The OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is located on the eighth floor of the iconic OXO Tower building. It houses three unique areas: the Restaurant, the Bar and the Brasserie, which all have stunning terrace spaces. OXO Tower Restaurant: Offers guests a relaxed dining and afternoon tea experience with a modern British menu focusing on flavour, provenance and high-quality produce. The acclaimed wine list and stunning views of St Paul's and the City of London make it the perfect place to celebrate, whatever the occasion. OXO Tower Brasserie: Offers diners the opportunity to eat from midday until late with its no-fuss all-day dining menu featuring seasonal British dishes. Stop by in the afternoon to experience the now infamous 'Not Afternoon Tea', a delicious pairing of cakes and cocktails, or join in the evening to enjoy live jazz music. OXO Tower Bar: Sitting in between the Brasserie and Restaurant, this is the perfect spot for a quick lunch or after-work drinks thanks to its cutting-edge cocktails and inventive bar snacks. Enjoy drinks in the sunshine on the Bar terrace or watch the city sparkle from the comfort of the Bar as the nights draw in. The OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is owned by the Harvey Nichols group. Opening hours: RESTAURANT LUNCH Monday to Saturday 12 midday - 3pm, Sunday 12 midday - 3.30pm AFTERNOON TEA Monday to Friday 3pm - 4.30pm, Saturday 3pm – 4pm, Sunday 3.45pm – 4.45pm DINNER Monday to Friday 6pm- 11pm, Saturday 5.30pm - 11pm, Sunday 6.30pm - 10pm BRASSERIE Monday to Saturday 12 midday - 11pm, Sunday 12 midday - 10pm BAR Monday to Thursday 11am - 11pm, Friday to Saturday 11am - Midnight, Sunday 12 midday - 10.30pm.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Delicious - lovely meal, service & setting. Choice on menu a little limited but what you'd expect from high end restaurant. Only complaint was my pigeon starter was a bit tough & chewy. Desserts were fantastic & our mains very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,913)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love coming back to the OXO Tower every time we come to London, great views and as always extremely great service from genuinely warm and friendly staff. This is a must for anyone wanting a relaxing lunch time drink sitting one the balcony watch the river life go by. One negative comment when it rains you will get wet as the roof is deceptive, the artistic appearance that the roof will close is a mistake, how many times we heard people ask for it to be closed.. Shame you have to have that conversation really..

Lucky for us we had a very young Tunisian man (sorry can't remember your name) bring us out an umbrella and even a blanket for the ladies legs, a real gent. Give that man a raise, promotion or something please. It is a rare quality to be treat with sincere warmth and respect especially while in London when so often people info he catering industry are too busy to attend to not only your needs but also willingly show real hospitality. Thank you

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hire a cab and go to this fine restaurant. It's a bit hard to find, but the cabbie will know the way. Once there, you will have a fine dining experience with a view to remember. I went there with
my wife on a visit to London at the recommendation of a friend and his advice was the best I
had for this visit. The time we had helped to make this visit one to remember.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I should preface my review by saying I went for the London Restaurant Festival (LRF) offer of 2 courses for £25

After reading reviews and looking through photos of amazing-look food on tripadvisor, I was excited and had great expectations for Oxo Tower Restaurant. But, unfortunately, it did not meet my expectations. Although the view was spectacular, it did not make up for the meal. I was disappointed that the LRF menu options were not as appealing as the main menu. While my goats cheese starter looked beautiful and tasted nice, it was lacking something, though I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing. Similarly, the sea bass main course was scrumptious, but the accompanying sauce and crab beignets were bland.

Overall, I had a nice meal with friends, but for the type of restaurant, I expected a better quality dining experience. I suspect it's due to the LRF menu, so will likely return to order off the main menu.

Hint: It's not just the cocktails that are over-priced, so is the water!! Ask for tap water instead or you'll have a surprise on your bill.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my fourth trip to the OXO Tower Brasserie; my third hosting for business purposes. The reason I come back is the dependability and the fact that the view always impresses.

Upon our arrival, the table was already prepared though one of our party of five was a few minutes late, so we ordered drinks whilst we waited. These arrived a couple of minutes later, so good, efficient service. I ordered a chili beef salad and Moroccan spiced lamb.

The first course arrived with only a short wait - the appearance on the plate was superb (eating with my eyes as much as anything else!) and the flavours were wonderful. Not too much spice but a great balance. The main course of lamb was delicately spiced and beautifully moist. Even though I'd enjoyed these dishes I felt there was room for a dessert and went for the plum bakewell tart. This was the only slight letdown but I suspect it was my own fault - it seemed to lack a bit of flavour but after having eaten two very fragrant dishes that was likely down to my own choice. The selection of wines was also superb.

All of my guests enjoyed their meal and most also commented on the beautiful river view. Service was fast and efficient. I understand the need to restrict the time guests spend at table but I do find two hours to be a bit tight for pre-dinner drinks (especially when the bar is closed for a private function, as it was on this occasion), three courses and coffee, so I felt I was constantly watching the time. Perhaps when the bar is out of use there needs to be some thought of a little more flexibility on that time limit.

That said, I will most certainly be back!