“Great choice for special occasions”

Oxo Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie
Ranked #381 of 23,580 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: The OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is located on the eighth floor of the iconic OXO Tower building. It houses three unique areas: the Restaurant, the Bar and the Brasserie, which all have stunning terrace spaces. OXO Tower Restaurant: Offers guests a relaxed dining and afternoon tea experience with a modern British menu focusing on flavour, provenance and high-quality produce. The acclaimed wine list and stunning views of St Paul's and the City of London make it the perfect place to celebrate, whatever the occasion. OXO Tower Brasserie: Offers diners the opportunity to eat from midday until late with its no-fuss all-day dining menu featuring seasonal British dishes. Stop by in the afternoon to experience the now infamous 'Not Afternoon Tea', a delicious pairing of cakes and cocktails, or join in the evening to enjoy live jazz music. OXO Tower Bar: Sitting in between the Brasserie and Restaurant, this is the perfect spot for a quick lunch or after-work drinks thanks to its cutting-edge cocktails and inventive bar snacks. Enjoy drinks in the sunshine on the Bar terrace or watch the city sparkle from the comfort of the Bar as the nights draw in. The OXO Tower Restaurant, Bar and Brasserie is owned by the Harvey Nichols group. Opening hours: RESTAURANT LUNCH Monday to Saturday 12 midday - 3pm, Sunday 12 midday - 3.30pm AFTERNOON TEA Monday to Friday 3pm - 4.30pm, Saturday 3pm – 4pm, Sunday 3.45pm – 4.45pm DINNER Monday to Friday 6pm- 11pm, Saturday 5.30pm - 11pm, Sunday 6.30pm - 10pm BRASSERIE Monday to Saturday 12 midday - 11pm, Sunday 12 midday - 10pm BAR Monday to Thursday 11am - 11pm, Friday to Saturday 11am - Midnight, Sunday 12 midday - 10.30pm.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been there a couple of times and I highly recommend it. Very good food with great atmosphere and service. It is a posh restaurant so the price is a bit high, but justified for special occasions. If it is good weather you can get a table in the balcony and enjoy the great view of St Paul's Cathedral

Reviewed June 17, 2013

A wonderful restaurant, they will text you to ask if you still want to dine too a day or so before which is a nice touch.

I had a wonderful 3 course meal here with my partner...The food was sublime, had the scallops and crab starters, mains of John dory and Halibut with a side of spinach and desert of poached pears and coconut mousse all of which were delicious!
We also had a bottle of wine, lovely.

Our waiter was very attentive and the sommelier filled our glasses when required without hesitation or asking, excellent service!

Would happily come back again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Dined here yesterday to celebrate a friends birthday. This is the first time I've been to the OXO Tower restaurant though as I briefly lived in Manchester and used to visited the 2nd floor restaurant there regularly for afternoon tea or cocktails.

Apart from the 5 people on reception which felt rather excessive (surely there's some cutlery back of house for someone to polish) the service and food was generally was great.

We each had 3 courses and we all enjoyed each one - the flavours were absolutely delicious. The champagne was also tasty and my friend enjoyed his dessert wine.

The only negatives were two little things that cropped up...

1. It was my friends birthday and they wrongly assumed the two white people were a couple and embarrassingly wrote happy birthday on my dessert plate. I felt awful for my beautiful African friend as her husband had clearly booked stating it was his wife's birthday and the restaurant got it wrong.

2. Not a major thing but they kept pouring me the wrong water in my glass. I only wanted still, which initially I had in my glass, but they kept topping it up with sparkling which started to get a bit annoying.

Total bill including the (irritating) AUTOMATIC 12% discretionary tip (or was it 12.5%?) came to £270 which I felt was a fair price for 3 people based on the quality of champagne and food.

One last thing. The live duo smooth jazz band were excellent - considering I had the hangover from hell the music was so soothing and didn't give me a headache.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Took my daughter here for her 18th Birthday. She was treated really well and the food was just excellent.
We had the Korean chicken that just melted away, the pork belly was also brilliant and the desserts just can't be described.
I know it's expensive but for a special occasion it fits the bill.
A great view of the river with excellent cocktails.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Interesting location in old Oxo tower but modern refit inside. Balcony has great views over the Thames. Restaurant is white on white, quite crowded tables and always busy. Very good menu, tasty well executed food, though my Chateaubriand shared with a friend was slightly disappointing being more medium than rare, a bit cold and not as tender as I thought it would be. Everybody else's meals seemed fine and enjoyed, Beware of the wine list, don't just stop at the first few pages which presents the more expensive wines - go right through the list as equally good but more affordable wines are behind. This is an expensive restaurant, a good experience, but I think the view is worth more than the food. Waiter had the annoying habit of not filling my "tasting" glass after serving the rest of the table after my tasting. Tea and coffees went missing too.