“A pleasant experience with all that show going on”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #925 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Elegant Japanese styling and delicious fresh food await you at London's Benihana Restaurant. Benihana is a favourite not only of tourists but of locals fresh from the nearby offices, relaxing with colleagues or indeed entertaining clients. In keeping with the Benihana brand the chain began in New York way back in 1964, this means that this year, 2014 is our 50th anniversary. This superb Japanese restaurant swaps the conventional kitchen for a central hibachi grill around which diners watch their food being prepared before their eyes. Boasting a wide range of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes traditionally cooked Benihana offers a unique Japanese dining experience not to be missed.
“A pleasant experience with all that show going on”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

At first I was reluctant to go and eat at a Japanese restaurant, but all my fears seemed to vanish as soon we got started with the food. It was a bit surprising there was more red meat and chicken than sea food, but just suited me well as I hate fish, shrimp, etc. All the meat and the chicken was first class pure, and pretty everything I ate tasted excellent. But since it's Benihana and the cook does his tricks in front of you at the hibachi grill, it was also about the experience: For example I for one really liked to watch the famous Onion Volcano.

• Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Chef Makes or Breaks”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to Benihana twice! The first time I LOVED it, hence my second visit. We were served quickly, had a hilarious chef who had great tricks, the prices we're great (including affordable set menus). The second time however, was NOT so amazing. I booked my table a week in advance as it was for my birthday and I wanted to make sure it was timed well. We we're held in the "lounge/bar" area for an hour pushing our night back quite a bit. When we were finally seated we had to wait another 20 minutes for a chef to be done with another table so we watched the chef at the table directly adjacent to us. Laughed at his jokes, clapped for his tricks. Then he left that table. 10 minutes later we were being served by the SAME chef, so we basically got all the same jokes and tricks. The prices have also gone up and the original set menus are no longer there. Not sure I'll be going back unless I'm being treated.

• Visited October 2012
“More about the tricks than the food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Don't get me wrong the food was okay but for the price it's nothing spectacular, i have had better Japanese food at a fraction of the price. Benihana for me was more about the actual dining experience. Having the chef cook live in front of you on the hibachi grill and perform numerous tricks with the food. Worth a visit.

Visited June 2012
“Food with a smile :)”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've been to benihanas probably 4 times now, once in their Chelsea branch the other times in their Piccadilly branch, straight away it's worth mentioning the Chelsea branch is more private and slightly more upper class, in Piccadilly it is chucking everyone is as quick as possible for turnover, in Chelsea they're slower and a tad more respectful, onto the food, it is a delight the main meal I think is around £20-£30 if I remember rightly this does include close to around 5-6 courses cooked infront of you, theyll cook you things that wonr typically interest you but you can taste how fresh and beautifully prepared it all
Is, which brings me to the best part of the evening at a benihanas, the atmosphere with the cooks , there aren't too many places like this in London where they cool your food in front of you some of the cooks are a little more lively than others, some will carefully chuck food for people to catch with their mouths or will jokingly chuck food into
Their hats, you will
Often see looks of envy from nearby table if your chef is getting all the attention lol :) food seems the same Between the two offers in London , the Chelsea branch has a much nicer relaxed vibe especially in the really neo like bar area, that Said the Piccadilly offering has te distinct advantage of being slap bang in central London hence why I've been their 3 times, note they do great deals for valentines and Christmas, something everyone in London should do don't miss it!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Patchbj
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“food is bad.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

the food was bad, when you go there make sure you're not hungry, the only reason why we went there is because they cook in front of us which was very nice the chefs were professional and great.

• Visited June 2012