“Food only OK, but service rubbish !”
Review of The Crispy Duck

The Crispy Duck
Ranked #10,950 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Tried the Crispy Duck because it appeared busy, but that turned out to be just the ground floor. We were led down to the basement which had no atmosphere. Ordered dim sum with a plate of ma po dofu. The dim sum was very average and the dofu arrived without rice (which was included on the menu I'd seen). When we paid our bill I found they'd brought a large portion which I hadn't ordered. Service was very poor throughout; there was no concept of trying to find out what the customer wanted and unfortunately the quality of the food didn't make up for it. When I asked to take home all the food we hadn't eaten (which is a common practice in Chinese restaurants) the containers were simply dumped on the table for us to pack ourselves. And the restaurant wasn't very busy, so the staff were hardly run off their feet. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant, given the much better experiences I've had at others in Chinatown.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The food is great especially "crispy duck" and the way you eat it. The service time is not that great might be from too many customer though. I have to wait awhile for the duck disk but worth it with the taste.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

My adult daughter & I ate here after the early evening performance of the railway children and it was fine. £24.50 for two main courses (one duck, one chicken) with rice & noodles. Two minutes walk from Leicester Square tube station and reasonable service.

2  Thank thistle-do-nicely
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Some of the best Chinese I've ever had.. Period. Surrounded by some of the best theatres in the world (It's less than a block from the Guilgud) And open late! I think we sat down at 1:30am.

From the ducks hanging in the front window, the cooks toiling away behind the busy front counter, and the BBQ ribs hanging over the grille this place screams authenticity and the food is absolutely delicious. I had the namesake (Crispy Duck), my wife had the Peking Duck, and we shared the usual acoutemants ( Wonton Soup, Egg Rolls, and Pork Fried Rice). All were excellent! I wish I had tried the glazed pork ribs that were hanging up over the grille as they looked delectable..

Service may have lacked a little, but the for the price and the quality of food I would come here again for sure. It has been a couple years since we came here and the place is now called "Hung's", but I would definitely still give this one a shot!
Happy Eating!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 20, 2008

This place used to be so good but now it's totally rubbish. the service is truly shocking. Not a bad choice at 2am though as it's still open.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook