“Fantastic Food”
Review of Franco's

Reserve with OpenTable
Franco's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,247 of 24,122 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: St. James's
Cross street: St James's
Transit: Green Park, St James's & Piccadilly tube stations are all 5 minutes walk away.
Description: Opened in 1946 in Mayfair, Franco's restaurant has been one of London's most popular Italian establishments ever since. It continues to offer local gourmets a tranquil oasis away from the buzz of the city. Set at the St James���s end of Jermyn Street, Franco's is fantastically located for the galleries, private clubs and hotels of the area. And the pre-theatre and afternoon tea menus are a delight. The restaurant���s character evolves throughout the day from the early morning breakfasts to laid-back lunches and romantic candlelit dinners in the evening. The elegant 1940���s-inspired d��cor is bright and modern, with light wood, off-white walls and comfy upholstered dining chairs. Franco's sumptuous Mediterranean menu has been developed by Head Chef Paulo Parlanti and showcases fresh seasonal produce in traditional and modern Italian dishes. Popular dishes include the duck breast with Castelluccio lentils; ossobucco ravioli with veal jus; and the classic tiramisu. Service is flawless and the wine list is a winner too.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a great Restaurant staff are very friendly and attentive. The food is second to none their steak was some of the best I have ever had. They new it was our Ruby Anniversary and they bought up a lovely plate of home made chocolates at the end of the meal .

1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Franco's is a really attractive, bustling, upscale Italian restaurant just steps away from the Cavendish in St James's, where we were staying. For our starters we had the Sardinian ham with baby artichokes, and crab salad wwith pureed avocado. For our entrees we had roasted turbot, and the pan fried sea bass. For wine we enjoyed a bottle of Franz Haas Pinot Bianco. The total bill at 150 pounds was typical of the restaurants we visited in London. Service, food and ambience were all five star.

1  Thank Worldwatcher
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great post dinner coffees and brandies plus a top cigar. Staff are great; a very nice lady called jessica found us a nice outside table where we could sit and watch the bustle of passers by in Jermyn Street. Lovely spot and well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We're in London and the vicinity for the first time so we're not that familiar with the area. We fortunately happened upon Franco's. Our experience, in general, was positive. To start, my wife ordered the tomato and mozzarella salad and I had the Burrata (cream and mozzarella) with puréed eggplant. We'd both give our starters an "A." On to the main course, Chicken Paillard for her and Roast Partridge with Spelt and Saffron Risotto for me. She felt that her Chicken Paillard was "good but not special." The Roast Partridge was a little over done. Risotto good/not special. On to dessert and redemption; she ordered the Chocolate Profiteroles and I had the Tiramisu. Both were out of this world! A perfect espresso to finish with some tiny biscotti and cookies.

For wine we had the Chianti and the Prosecco; we were happy with our choices.

The service was great and the servers were friendly and courteous. In fact, the restaurant staff really enhanced our experience. We felt well taken care of.

We would return but I think that, for an entree, I'd go for one of the more traditional Italian dishes. (The woman next to me had the Lasagna and declared repeatedly how much she enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was recently taken here by a client for a breakfast meeting. The staff are super attentive, but low key, the food was excellent and the atmosphere relaxed - ideal for a business discussion. At lunchtimes they have an extensive menu and I imagine the place is also busy with business types. I checked the evening menu too and it looked to be very good - I shall return to check it out.