“Sad to hear this has closed”
Review of Il Siciliano Restaurant - CLOSED

Il Siciliano Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times but hadn't taken the opportunity to review this restaurant. The food was very good, however it was the desserts that always reeled us in. They made fresh profiteroles as big a donut.

It was sad to see the place closed when we visited last week and hope to find another family italian restaurant with such amazing desserts in future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a very nice lunch here, Started with Olives, Fresh bread and sticks, Had Lobster Pasta was superb and looking around at other diners their food looked lovely too. Was very reasonable too at £45.00 for 2 of us including beer, Wine and we had lobster.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I visited this restaurant at the weekend with some friends whilst staying in London, I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years and I can honestly say that I have never eaten in such a grimy grotty establishment, from the state of the interior decor and the state of the toilets I'm surprised they have passed an EHO inspection. Food was very bland greasy and very overpriced as for the specials I'm not sure what is special about deep fried breaded chicken served with cold spaghetti in tomato sauce. they couldn't even be bothered to total up the bill which had an additional charge of £5 which turned out to be for a couple of pieces of dry bread and 4 olives which we didn't even order and a service charge was added. When we complained about the food the waiter was not interested but eventually said he would pass the comments onto the chef. If you want to enjoy a night in Soho avoid this restaurant.

2  Thank wiltshire_chili
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Couldn't get in to other Soho places and this one was not too busy (should have been alarm bells!). All dishes expensive off cheap dog-eared menus. Lasagne was bland and even the waiters weren't sure it was the correct dish. Low quality wine was expensive, and the mystery "cover charge" of £1.25 a head is apparently for a slice of bread and a couple of olives each - both unrequested. Toilets in the basement were filthy and broken. Its gets busy due to it's location not its reputation! We complained and were met with indifference, they couldn't charge our friend's card quick enough; refusing to delete the 10% service charge!!

1  Thank Carl W
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was late and I was looking for something a bit different, and happened upon Il Siciliano on Dean Street in Soho, just outside of Chinatown.

The waiters were old school Italian, appearing a bit gruff but very welcoming and helpful when I tried out my long-lost Italian on them. Despite the crowds I was accommodated at a nice table in the center of the action (albeit with "easy access to the toilets") where I could see everything.

I was presented with a nice dish of olives and some bread (no olive oil, unfortunately), and ordered the house red since there were very few wines by the glass (red, white, and a mix). Dinner was terrific- salad and veal marsala, topped off with an absolutely "to die for" homemade tiramisu.(All the deserts are home made.)

As I looked around after ordering, most of the clientele that seemed to be locals favored the pastas. Not to self: home made deserts are probably reflective of home made pastas here. Order that next time.

Good value, good food, credit cards accepted for the traveler who carries little cash.
Enjoy!