“Go here when you’ve run out of options.”
Review of Il Siciliano Restaurant - CLOSED

Il Siciliano Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I walked in off the street to eat here because it looked a good quality venue. Frankly I wish I hadn’t. I chose calamari to start which was ok and for the main I had cannelloni with meat stuffing. The mincemeat was not meat at all, rather some reconstituted mush, quite literally. Horrible. My colleague had other food; he liked a lasagne but wasn’t blown away. Like many London restaurants they don’t have to rely too hard on repeat visitors because so many tourists will pop in and not return, keeping them in business. So they don’t have to try too hard, which means it’s not for me and you should think twice if you have a choice of where to eat.

1  Thank Teamtango

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Such a shame because the food was absolutely delicious. 1. We were charged for more wine than we drank. 2. we were charged for an expensive wine when we ordered a cheaper one. And then had to vigorously argue the point despite the wine bottle on the table! 3. we were given a very small plate of vegetables on the belief that they were inclusive and then were charged £20 for them. 4. There was an additional 'cover' charge of £5 per head as well as the standard 'optional' service charge! The restaurant had no reason for any of this, because the food was so good we would have given a substantial tip and returned!

3  Thank hanifa l
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had lunch here and were the first customers to be seated quickly followed by a couple at another table. The manager took our order reasonably quickly, brought the wine to the table then promptly disappeared. A chef appeared to take his place in the
restaurant which may explain why the food took a long time to appear for ourselves
and even longer for the other table. When it arrived the quality was fine particularly
the swordfish dish but the veal dish was a very small portion for the price. The
additional vegetables ordered were fairly uninspiring. Desserts were very good as
was the bottle of house wine we ordered.
The manager eventually reappeared to give us our bill and although we enjoyed
our visit the service was slightly odd and it was a good job we were not in a hurry.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The staff are fine but everything else is awful !!! The food is poorly prepared and overpriced and the wine was very perculiar.
If I had read the other reviews before I was passing by then I would have kept on walking-take my advice and on't bother with this establishment.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place is often empty when I walk by (not a great sign in Soho) but does get groups of tourists and so I guess they make a living that way. They seem very keen on selling you things but less keen on delivering adequate service or the quality of the food.

Vegetables need to be ordered separately with mains (my friends said they'd share a salad with theirs), the waiter chose to hear that as 2 salads (which never arrived at the table, but did of course appear on the bill).

The ingratiating service was so slow despite it being fairly quiet that they'd managed to pour our bottle of wine before the mains arrived presumably to try to get us to order a second.

My Parmigiana was supposed to be a Main sized portion and comprised about three strips of aubergine in an oval dish, dried out and with bread crumbs in the cheese topping (I guess to pad out the parmesan).

1  Thank techie69