“Lovely little find ”

Ranked #1,854 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Across the street from the famous gentlemen's club with which it shares its name, Le Garrick is a convivial and well-established restaurant and bar with a classic menu of French cuisine, having recently celebrated its 32nd anniversary. Spread over two floors, the ground floor dining room offers a window view of the bustle of Covent Garden outside, while the intimate basement with its candlelit alcoves fosters a more discreet atmosphere. It's often regarded as one of London's most romantic venues, having seen many proposals over the years! A lively crowd of playgoers and theatre faces soak up the buzzy vibe.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service, food excellent especially the lemon chicken and mussels . Service good...can certainly recommend.

1  Thank allisont492
Le G, Guest Relations Manager at Le Garrick Brasserie Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Lovely to hear, thank you

Write a reviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a wonderful dinner in London in warm and well appointed restaurant. They knew our theatre time and the dinner was smoothly efficient. Even arranged a pedicab to theatre. Food and wine were wonderful?

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank rungreencoyote

Fabulous, thank you! We aim to please :)))

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first visit. It’s a great location for theatre land and offers pre theatre meals.
Not for us - not in a hurry. Starters were good - charcuterie and calamari - all good. Mains were boeuf bourguignon, cassoulet, canard and steak - all good.
Service was steady and unobtrusive - there when we needed it.
Puds - lots of choice , but coffee for me.
Choices of wines are good - and good price range.
Overall -nice pleasant evening and it passed my test -would I eat here again - yes.

1  Thank gvs951
Le G, Guest Relations Manager at Le Garrick Brasserie Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

My friend and I went for lunch here to day with the intention of having a pre-theatre lunch. We ordered and a little later the waitress came back to say that wasn’t available on Saturday. This is not stated either on their website or menu!

We also found the service here extremely poor! We will not be going again nor would we recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Bowlingmh
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Pre-dinner menu advertised outside with two or three course options. Menu was basically only two choices for each course and amazingly the one thing you would think that a french restaurant would have - pate - wasn’t available. I know there is always a compromise with set menus but the portion size was small and the presentation poor. Suffered one of my pet hates: what appeared to be a nanosecond after starting to eat “how is you meal” - give me chance to digest some of it and I would be happy to reply. Second issue: when it comes to service charge I believe that the rate and the amount should be shown on the bill but not automatically included as there will be those who feel compelled to. Pay regardless of whether or not it was deserved.

Date of visit: July 2019