“terrible service, rude waiter”
Review of Simurgh

Simurgh
Ranked #2,274 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been here twice. The food was excellent But on my 2nd visit we sat outside as my friends were smoking shisha. It was a good 15 minutes until it was bought to us. When it arrived after 10 minutes my friends complained of poor taste, which took another 15 minutes as no one came out. But looked inside the pipe and a brown oily substance came out. This it not normal. We asked for the pipe to be seen to and one waiter changed it. When we complained politely again that there was yet again more brown substance, one waiter told us not to come again if we were going to complain and that he wanted us to pay him and leave.I will never be going here again because of this poor service. I am disappointed as I came here for my birthday the previous time and everything was wonderful.

3  Thank hebahab

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten here a few times. The fact that I keep going back must say something! I find the selection of food good, the flavours intriguing, and the explanations adequate. And I do like Persian coffee. Like many restaurants, there seems to be a fair staff turnover, which may account for the variability experienced by some respondents. But I've yet to have a bad experience. And the location is pretty good, close to theatres and Stanfords!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

1st time trying persian food and it was amazing. Walked in and the place was lovely inside, brilliant service, Had chicken with 3 types of rice the dish was called " Joojeh" would highly recommend this and the royality grill dish. When the food was brought out it wasnt to hot..it was just right. Had Baklava for dessert and again could not fault this. Brilliant entertianment with the belly dancer. Cannot fault this place. Would recommend this to anyone and would definately go again!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My boyfriend is Iranian and wanted me to try some Persian food. We headed here on a Friday lunchtime and were surprised to find we were the only ones in the restaurant. My first complaint was the rudeness of the waiter. Upon telling him I was vegan, he said 'oh, that's a bit extreme'. I understand that the vegan diet may seem quite alien to people from certain cultures, but as a WAITER he should know better. As a matter of fact there were things on the menu I was able to choose from, and he shouldn't have reacted in such a way. I had to hold back from telling him that I think it extreme to eat the TONGUE of another sentient being. After making our choices, we waited for our food. The starters arrived - they were utterly disgusting! One was really badly burnt and tasted awful. My poor boyfriend was embarrassed and kept assuring me that this wasn't true Persian cuisine. The mains weren't much better - I was brought a completely different meal to the one I had chosen, despite the chef having spoken to us at some length about the menu and advising me on which dish to choose. When he brought the correct dish out some time later, he was on his way out for a cigarette break and plonked the food on our table on his way out, wearing his scruffy jacket - so unprofessional! All in all it was a cringe-worthy experience. The flavours of the food were just a mess. My boyfriend hated it, and so did I.

4  Thank Catelizabeth
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had a starter meal for two (Sini) which was very nice, a mixture of small meatballs, spinach and yoghurt and other nice taster dishes. We ordered some flatbread as well as recommended by the waiter. For main course we again shared a 2 person dish (Feast Sini) which consisted of lamb kebabs, lamb fillet, chicken kebabs a couple of large prawns, three different types of rice and some salad. All very nice and plenty of it as well! The only downside were the toilets downstairs which really smelt, like bad drains really. Something does need to be done about that, not pleasant.