“Very poor food and service!”

New China London Restaurant
Ranked #10,787 of 24,020 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I must admit this was one of the worst meals I have ever had. The menu books were dirty and very difficult to read and everything seem quite expensive. One we has chosen the food did come very fast but I wish they had taken a bit more time as it was terrible. I had two bites of my main and then left it! To add to this there was loud banging coming from behind the counter which was distracting to say the least. To round it all off the bill cam to £45 for 2 beers two mains and a noodle dish. I would have questioned it but the bill was in Chinese and the waitress didn't speak English so I didn't see the point. Basically do not go to this restaurant!

1  Thank Simmoboi

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We’ve been here several times and always enjoyed it. Why go for fast food when you can have the ultimate. We just wanted lunch and had the Crispy Duck and the Salt and Pepper Fried Ribs. Excellent!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

we recently visited this little restaurant,it was very busy with people queing outside for a long time,the food was ok but not great,many dishes brought to the table warm but did not complain as it took long enough for it to come,the waiting staff were rushing around but you couldn't get there attention to order drinks. numerous times we had people hovering over us witing for a table, but worst of all and what really ruined the meal for me was a elderly woman who appeared to be in charge screaming and shouting at her staff who were already running around like headless chickens (she seemed to be stood next to me every time she shouted). all in all this place is nothing special and wouldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

At times you just wish you'd gone to McDonald's instead.
The waiters didn't smile once and one of them even urged my sister to finish her spring roll.
The food was average but the 90 euro bill was way too much for 3 starters, 4 main courses and 3 sodas.

1  Thank tiiaemilia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I don't recommend this place at all. Food was just avarage and, most importantly, the service was absolutely and utterly horrific. The waiters were very rude and made us feel unwanted customers by hurrying us to eat quiker and by not even being polite to us at all. In the end they didn't let us to pay seperately of our own food that we had ordered (so one of us had to pay the whole bill) and were reluctant to give us the bill. We even had to pay £8,70 for the service! Absolutely ridiculous. Do not go to New China restaurant!

2  Thank Leisuretraveller2