“Good place”
Review of Mr Kong - CLOSED

Mr Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location; close to Leicester Square. Helpful staff. Good menu selection. The food was good and served quickly. We would go here again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Mr. Kong with my parents during a recent visit to London. My parents wanted to visit China Town, and this place was highly recommended on Yelp. Overall, we had a lovely meal. Very well priced, tasty, excellent service and reasonable portion sizes. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Matt_UKTX
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would say my first visit to Mr Kong on Lisle Street would see me return. In terms of food, the standard was very good. However, I did check the prices online before I schlepped over and noted cheaper prices. Note to manager: update your website. My only other gripe was the card machine's invitation to add a gratuity. Note to manager: No, I bloody well don't! 10% service charge was already added to my bill.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited Mr Kong's on Saturday night - we were a group of four and everyone really enjoyed it!

We had four different dishes including the crispy chilli beef and hot & sweet chicken - they were all great!

We noticed many customers seemed to be regulars, which is a good sign too!

The food arrived quickly and the service was good - so they're able to turn tables around quickly.

It could probably do with a lick of paint to freshen the place up - but that's my only criticism.

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having been a regular for more years than i can rememember, it pains me to say that Kong's is in danger of slipping off my list of regular haunts. Portion sizes seem to be diminishing to such a rate that my wife ordered two portions of the mongolian lamb to make a decent portion. The scallop & prawn in birds nest had heat but offered very little in the taste stakes. Previous reports of a tip being added to the already included sevice charge is annoying especially when some standards are slipping. Manager Edwin needs to take account of the regulars views as it detracts from the fact that on it's day this is a very good chinese restaurant provided you stick clear of the set meals geared towards tourists!