“Excellent choice off the main street”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr Kong - CLOSED

Mr Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice off the main street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant can take some finding but I recommend searching as it is worth the effort; staff are friendly and welcoming even though it can be busy at times. Try to ensure that you get a table in the front near the window, which is better than the "back room". Stand out dishes are the prawn dumplings, grilled pork dumplings and the duck. Upstairs is a little surreal as if someone stole the toilets from a nightclub!

• Visited October 2012

East Anglia, United Kingdom
“Poor food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my daughter to London for a special treat to spoil her and on TA recommendations booked this restaurant. I knew it would be basic but I didn't expect the poor quality food and indifferent service we received. I ordered steamed chicken and when it arrived I was shocked to see it was very raw in the middle. At no point did anyone ask if our food was ok and even though I left three quarters of the dish no one asked why or offered an alternative or reduction in the bill. My daughter ordered sweet and sour pork which was average and seaweed which was so sugary sweet she left it. This is possibly the worst chinese food we have EVER eaten and we will never go back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank lisa4040
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Too busy for its' own good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Our starters arrived promptly and they were excellent. Next came Duck and Pancakes, also excellent. The waiter asked if we would like a short break before the main course which we agreed was a good idea. However, when the mains arrived 20 minutes later they were cold. We sent them back and the replacement food was awful. I think that they must have enlisted help from the waiters in the kitchen. We gave up and went to the pub.

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant and I'll definately go back but never again at peak time on a Saturday night.

Dorset
“Very good menu and fairly priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Amazing we got a round table for 8 in the back room after walking in off the street. Perfect. Good service thereafter and took 1/2 our dishes of the special and 1/2 of the main menu. All excellent, Muscadet for £14 very fair - so we had 2! £200 bill to include drinks and we had a whole duck and ribs to start (inc our tip) One to go back to

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Chinese Food at its Most Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Living in the USA we have Chinese food at many many restaurants. However, the Chinese food in Europe is different. I love Lemon Chicken and have had it on many occasions in the US. I ordered it at Mr Kong and it was fantastically delicious. It wasn't the super sweet stickly gelatin that coats the chicken - No, it was tangy and sauted just right. The service was very good and the atmosphere was unpretentious. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to enjoy the Chinese food at home the same again.

• Visited October 2012