“Shouldn't the hummus be good?”
Review of Hummus Bros

Hummus Bros
Ranked #3,689 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Hummus Bros was born on a glorious hot day in May 2003, when, as two college friends, we were searching for something filling and healthy that would taste great, and still leave some change for drinks at the Union Bar. Passing on the usual options of pizza or sandwiches, we stumbled out of a small specialist delicatessen with three basic ingredients: pitta bread, hummus and olive oil. In no time at all, the bowls of hummus were wiped spotlessly clean. "I could eat a good meal like that everyday!" someone remarked. We looked at each other and smiled - a dream was born: to open a place dedicated to hummus.
“Shouldn't the hummus be good?”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

You would ecpect a place specialising in one thing would get it right. This is not the case as the hummus was too runny and very bland. The chicken I ordered with my hummus was floating in powder spices and was hard to swallow. But the worst dish was by far the aubergines, which were so smokey they resembled lapsang souchong. Completely unedible. The experience wasn't helped by having to share a large table and bench (will this stupid fashion ever end) with a bunch of other customers. The shabby bathroom did not help either. The service was mediocre, but at least the disgusting aubergine were removed from our bill. Will not eat here again even.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
England
“Best hummus period”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to their Holborn branch. They have been around for a few years now, but they haven't lost the quality, the good food, the excellent survey. I just wished they opened more of them all over the UK

• Visited November 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect lunch or snack”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The menu is simple, the food is excellent, the prices are reasonable. Definitely try the lemonade. What more can you ask? (Well, I'm asking for North American locations, for starters!)

Visited October 2012
Lincoln
“Nothing special”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Basic, obvious set-up so you would think easily achievable, however the place felt a little tired to me. Decor tatty, bathrooms basic but shabby. Service average countertop ordering, bench tables & chairs. Food good but not extensive menu ...won't rush back.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very good hummus!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love this place! I go quite often by myself or with friends. I am vegetarian and I have vegan friends. we love eat there! But you can also choose hummus with beef or chicken.
My favourite is hummus with guacamole! yummy!
best hummus ever, and the drinks are delicious too!

• Visited August 2012