“Cheap and cheerful”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Having been to Misato more than a few times now and tried a fair few of the items on the menu I can say overall…it is very nice.

Cheap and cheerful, very cheerful in fact as the portions are quite generous. It is, in my view, like a canteen, nothing fancy in the décor…it is a eat and go kind of place. The staff are friendly enough, though lunch time can be a little busy and you may have to wait for a little while to be seated; also instead of waiting for the cheque I would pay at the desk, it speeds thing up considerably.

The spare ribs are a little on the salty side but sticky and nice. The Ebi (prawn)Tempura is always nice with the dipping sauce. The Beef soba is very tasty, a sweet (not overly sweet) broth with buckwheat noodles and the braised beef is flavoursome. The chicken katsu is tasty; a lovely curry sauce…there’s no heat in the sauce, just flavour.

Would I go back?! I have done…quite a few times now.

2  Thank Jan P

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We came to this restaurant based upon good reviews.

When we arrived, there was unfortunately a queue. Even though it's not fun to wait, we took it as a sign that the restaurant is good.

While waiting in the queue, and getting towards to front of it, I was observing the old man behind the bar. He was cleaning each dirty glass in the sink. However, he was cleaning each glass with his hands, just rinsing dirty glasses with water. He did not use any dish washer solution or soap to clean the glasses!!!!! He did not clean his hands either!!!! So basically, when you drink from a glass, you will suffer from the bacterias and viruses from the other clients!!!! Disgusting.

When we were seated and ordered our food, we ordered small bottles of water as drinks, and mentioned that we did not want any glasses!!!! Drinking from the bottles directly is the safest in this restaurant.

The food is poor. Greasy. Poor quality. Low taste.

The food is certainly not that of a good Japanese restaurant.

We will never go there again. Actually, we regret going there.

2  Thank Phil-Brussels8
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited with my wife and 2 of my kids. Had sushi to start ( 7 decent sized pieces, £4), about 1/2 the price of Yo Sushi. Then had very generous portion for pork in ginger with rice and salad, all very good. My wife had the katsu chicken,again it was great. Very basic decorations and the tables are a bit crammed together but very very reasonable prices ( £50 inc tip for 4 for sushi/tempura starter, 4 mains and drinks). Service good too.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to tripadvisor we discovered this nice place. Good food and fair price. Unfortunately they do not accept card :(

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Simple place that always have queues on. Very tasty dinner for two with wine is bellow £20 even with a service charge! In very central location? Can't beat that. It is my favourite place in London.