“Superb quality and traditional .. a complete pleasure to dine here.. a perfect birthday”
Review of Da Corradi

Da Corradi
Ranked #1,027 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My partner searched high and low for an Italian restaurant to take me to while we were on a weekend trip to London for my birthday. Knowing I have visited Italy many times and tasted some beautiful authentic food, she wanted a dining experience that was traditional, non pretentious and relaxed. And it was just that. Set in beautiful Shepherd's Market, with outside tables, seating upstairs and down. We were sat downstairs and given a choice of two tables. Our drinks order was taken quickly and with a smile. The atmosphere was beautiful, like a real bustling Italian gem. I ordered a Margarita pizza, my partner ordered alio, olio e pepperonchino pasta and both were absolutely beautiful and traditionally cooked... just enough chili and plentiful amounts of garlic in the pasta and a satisfying doughyness to the pizza base and full flavor topping.
We ordered a side dish or rocket salad with Parmesan and weren't disappointed, the rocket was fresh and fragrant against the sharp Parmesan cheese.
I don't usually order dessert unless I eat out at an Italian and I have to try the Tiramisu... So we ordered one to share....my goodness I have NEVER tasted such a beautifully light Tiramisu in all my days.. the way it is supposed to be made, that no English restaurant can make. Absolutely 10 out of 10. Coffee was also beautiful.
We had a wonderful night, in the perfect restaurant with superb food and attentive but not intrusive waiting staff.
Thank you... we will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the Monistrone soup on a cold and wet day - it was perfect.

Split a pizza with peppers and eggplant which was outstanding as well as the service.

Would definitely go back

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We passed Da Corradi at Shepherd Market several times and commented that it was always busy with diners who seemed to be enjoying the ambiance and the food. We had to try it! We made a dinner reservation (a must) and had a wonderful meal (risotto and fish). The wine by the glass was good and the service was excellent. We returned another night for the pizza since there seemed to be an abundant take-away business. The pizza wasn't as good as we expected, but was still served hot and delicious. The prices were reasonable and I'd recommend this restaurant if you are staying in the Mayfair area of London.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

London's Shepherd Market claims that it is a hidden gem set in a Mayfair crown; if that is the case then Da Corradi, nestling in a narrow walkway deep within this lively, exciting quarter, is a sparkler in its own right.
We were in London four nights and dined at Da Corradi on the first evening.....and then the second, the third and the fourth!!
Okay, perhaps we didn't display much adventure and flair on our gastronomic trail but, quite honestly, we were so impressed with this family-run establishment we hadn't the faintest desire to try anywhere else.
We loved everything about it...tables stashed next to each other, but still managing to retain an intimate atmosphere; a feeling of well-being as the super-charged staff bustled around the restaurant with drinks and plates of food; a simple, mouth-watering menu with a range of inviting specials; and, importantly, food of the highest standard and excellent value.
Between us we devoured whitebait, calamari, whole avocado with prawns, and garlic mushrooms as starters (spread over the four nights, of course!)
And, for mains, we roamed the menu with dishes such as veal in a mushroom and white wine sauce, succulent lamb cutlets, lamb shank, escalope of veal and, believe it or not, fish and chips which were first class. The fish batter was superb!
Black and white photographs of television and film stars who have evidently eaten here adorn the walls....I have no hesitation in adding five more stars to the collection. For this was indeed a five star experience!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We opted for this restaurant on a chilly day last weekend whilst in the area. What a good find! I was in need of comfort food as I was feeling a bit under the weather. A yummy bowl of pasta arrabatia with a really nice glass of (house) red wine totally did the trick. It was delicious. The restaurant is small but cosy and the waitress was lovely. I would definitely go again.