“BLAND - Won't go again.”
Review of De Casa

De Casa
Ranked #18,226 of 24,997 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Ate here on 22nd August 2017.
My initial starter choice of chicken wings was not available so I had tomato soup - which whilst nice and hot was not very flavourful and came with no bread which I would have expected. My friend had calamari which looked nice.
As a main I had lasagne which tasted like it was out of a packet. My friend had a pizza which was a good size.
Cost with two soft drinks £52.
Why do restaurants cram people all together - it was difficult getting out to go to the toilet with the next couple so close ! - space people out more please !

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I had a dinner with my partner at de casa and we were hesitating to come in or not as there was construction outside but we decided to to give a try. We had steak and chips . It was nice and not expensive. Very pleasant staff

Reviewed July 10, 2017

this was the worst. the fish was not cod. some kind of greasy, smelly and slimy substitute's i'm sure. i even asked and was assured it was cod.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

i m very fassy with my food, but i came to this place with my friends, so we decided to go with pizza and my friends had steaks. the pizza was excellent. i was very surprised for the price we paid as i visited london so many times and i found it so reasonable. the money we paid was worth it.
will definitely come back once i come back to london.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Stopped for dinner with moderate expectations and even that was disappointing.

The Bolognaise was tasteless, the Putanesca was bland. The garlic bread was nice as also the "house rose".

All up about GBP50 for the meals and that was over the top for the food delivered to the table.

We commented afterwards that we should have know if was underwhelming as we were the only people there at the start. One other couple arrived while we were dining.

De Casa R, Manager at De Casa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Sorry to hear about your disappointing dining experience, but your review is a bit confusing.

We do not and have never served "puttanesca" at this restaurant, so I'm a bit a perplexed at why you say you ate that in your review.

Furthermore £50 for starter, main course and a bottle of wine for two people, is a pretty fair price in central London.

Hope your stay in London was enjoyable.

Regards