Spent 2 nights at the Grand Hotel in Northumberland Avenue just this weekend gone.
Check in was quick, only paid £65 per night for two of us on Laterooms and then when we paid £15 to upgrade our room. This put us on the top floor (9th) which was very quiet with great views over the London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and over toward Battersea Power station.
The 9th floor had water and ice machines in the hallways, tea, coffee, sugar, iron and ironing boards in a "Guest Cupboard" near to the lift, basically just help yourself.
The hotel entrance and reception give the impression of exclusivity and are very well decorated. Very similar to the room, whcih was in superb condition with large LCD Satellite TV, cordless phone, digital temperature control, fridge etc
Services on offer even went as far as a "Grocery purchasing request" where the hotel would collect a set list of groceries (for example a 440ml can of Stella was I think £1.80).
Location is fantastic, just round the corner to charing cross station and underground.
Trafalgar square is literally 30 seconds walk away, then onto the tube and you're on one of the main lines to most attractions. The London Eye and houses of parliament are 5 minutes walk away too.
If you want a comfortable, quality hotel, in the centre of London I would absolutely recommend getting a deal on the Grand and try to negotiate an upgrade when you get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand at Trafalgar Square is a full service hotel with 63 rooms located in the beautifully restored historic Northumberland House on Northumberland Avenue. Minutes to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace and close to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The Grand at Trafalgar Square is the best value hotel based on quality and prime location. The Grand at Trafalgar Square provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 10 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 1000 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Grand at Trafalgar Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square Hotel London
- Grand At Trafalgar Square London
- The Grand At Trafalgar Square London, England