“Perfectly adequate”

Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon
Ranked #431 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Staying here for over three weeks, so have been given a top floor lovely big room with sofa and balcony. Staff are friendly and helpful. Free wifi. Has a decent bar/restaurant next door with proper pubs with decent ale not far away in Wimbledon. Apart from the very occasional knock on the door whilst the DND sign is there and the fact they wash the towels EVERY day, despite me hanging them up, as per their environmental sign, no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Boundsie
There are newer reviews for Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Antoinette and was very pleased with it and would definitely stay here again. Although this hotel is not in central London, it is a 15-20 minute tube ride from many major attractions and shopping areas and is a pleasant 5 minute walk from the tube (and train) station. My room and bathroom were both spacious, enormous by most London standards, the staff were friendly enough although I had the feeling that they never had a clue who was actually staying in the hotel, and the breakfast buffet ample and far too tempting.
My room faced the main road so was a bit noisy with sirens all night (somebody told me that the police station was around the corner) and there was a group of over 50's in residence who sounded like a bunch of feral teenagers. I could also clearly hear every word spoken on the phone by the woman in the room next door so maybe some soundproofing is in order.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank archibalda
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed one night for a business meeting and the hoel was fine. I had room service which came very quickly and I enjoyed it. Situated on a busy main street but my room was quiet and comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.

Room Tip: ASk for a quiet room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sheila J
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The manager told a groop of Over 50's who were talking in their rooms that we were feral teanagers making too much noise! Rooms are OK but thin walls, not a huge choice.

Room Tip: The club double are small but OK
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Stephen W W
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We recently held a school ball at the Antoinette for 150 people. I was really impressed by the hotels flexibility and commitment to our event. Regardless of our issues, they had solutions to offer and they worked very closely with us throughout the several months of planning and the evening itself.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Blacktieball
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Blacktieball,

Thank you for your great review, which will be shown to all members of the team at Antoinette Wimbledon.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the Function, and that you were impressed by the professional service delivered by the event team.

Hoping to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Have just returned from a two night stay at the Antoinette Hotel in Wimbledon, over the weekend of 19/20 May 2012. My first impressions of the hotel were good, however these opinions had soon changed by the time I left. The hotel is situated right next door to a nightclub which caused a sleepless night the first night I stayed due the club throwing out into the street at 2.30am & club goers hanging around on the street for at least an hour after that shouting & screaming. The hotel also took my debit card to secure my booking on arrival. After the reception staff assured me on arrival & again at departure, after a paying with a different card, that nothing would be taken off the original card I gave them, I am still waiting for the hotel to refund my bank account for the amount they took out of my account upon arrival at the hotel without me knowing. I am still waiting for the hotel to correct this and refund my bank account 3 days later. Please be aware of this should you choose to stay this hotel. I agree with other reviews on here - the lift is tiny, so you're best using the stairs (7 flights to the 3rd floor) if you don't like small, confined spaces. the breakfast was ok, but seemed expensive for what was on offer, priced at £11.95, no matter if you opted for the cooked or continental breakfast. After spending a long time at the hotel trying to get my money back for what they had processed without my knowledge, (which I had luckily discovered myself by accident) the issue is still not resolved. I would deffinitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone after my experience.

Room Tip: Take one on the 3rd floor if you dare stay here, but at the back of the property, not road side next...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Joeyjojojo
Antoinette_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Joeyjojojo,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as your feedback is very much welcomed.

I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced from people outside the hotel, which I hope you can appreciate is beyond our control. Please be assured that a member of the mangement team have spoken to the premises concerned, and a formal complaint has been made in writing.

I can confirm that when arriving at the hotel no payment was taken from your card only a
pre-authorisation, and that upon departure when you paid using a different card, this was cancelled with your bank. I cannot comment as to why your bank did not immediately process this request, but understand that this has now been resolved.

I now look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at the Antoinette for two nights on the 18/19 May 2012 as we were attending a gig close by so the location (for us) was excellent. The receptionist who welcomed us was very friendly and check-in took no time at all. Our booking was for a Executive Double, which was a nice size room and for those familiar with Premier Inn, a similar lay-out but with a two seat sofa included. The bed was nice and comfy and our bathroom was a very good size, both of us could get ready at the same time without bumping into each other - both the room and the bathroom were spotlessly clean. The hotel offers free car parking which was a bonus for us, and Wimbledon South tube station is a 10 minute stroll away (It took around 30 mins to get into the City) and in the other direction there's a good selection of shops and bars. I have to agree with other reviews that the hotel lift is small, two people with bags can just about squeeze in, however if you don't like confined spaces please use the stairs if you're able to!! We would stay here again :-)

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel would be better, there's a lot of traffic along Broadway and it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple