“A comfortable stay”

Chester Hotel
Ranked #887 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“A comfortable stay”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited as a family with 2 children. Upon arrival had to wait 10 minutes outside as no answer. We were let in by other guests and waited a further 5 minutes at reception. A young man finally appeared and apologised. Check in was quick. Given family room in basement. Clean and tidy. Beds very comfortable. Huge television. Great location. Thin walls though can hear everything above and next door room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have stayed in many London hotels but this was a true reflection of you get what you pay for. The hotel itself is in a good location however, the staff are non existent with one member of staff, the desk clerk not serving us until he had finished his personal telephone call.
The room was spacious with modern decor. The cleanliness was mediocre but it left you feeling uneasy. The glasses provided in the room were filthy and look as if it hadn't been cleaned in a while, and although a fridge was provided it is not something you would want to use.
The bathroom was the main issue. Granted it is slightly larger than we have had previously in London but there was a foul smell that constantly seeped out of the bathroom that I cannot describe as anything else but sewage.
If we had been staying more than one night I think we would have left to find another hotel, luckily this was not the case. Overall it was disappointing and personally me and my partner would not stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights and was happy to be given room 9 just a few steps inside the front door and beside the reception. I was alone and the small room was fine for me. £41 p/n. The double bed was fine and I was very happy to have a good widescreen tv on the wall to look at. There was very little noise at night. Another big plus! The toilet (and shower) in the room were fine too, although there could have been a raised base around the shower. The towel I was given was not very clean. Btw, don't expect a view from the window. I was of course happy with the location, just a few minutes walk from Victoria station. Even the weather was favourable during my holiday there. I've decided I want to return here next time I'm in London for any length of time. I hope I'll be as lucky during my next stay here. DO try this place out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I originally booked this hotel for a spontaneous trip to London and thought for the price it was great! I started reading reviews after I booked and started to scare myself into thinking I was staying at a right dive but it was honestly much better than everybody was saying. Maybe people are expecting too much from it but for half the price of the local Premier Inn I have no complaints.

As soon as I stepped in the whole place smelt lovely and the staff were so polite I immediately felt at home. Admittedly the rooms are quite on the small side but they are beautifully decorated. There was cleaning products left under the bathroom sink hidden out the way, there were noises from different floors and there was duck tape on a tear in the carpet. Other than that there was nothing more wrong than I've seen in Travelodges during my travels. I was surprised to find such a large flat screen tv in the room too!

It's a shame this place doesn't offer breakfast I really think it would make the stay all the more better. However I had a first class stay in London and will be returning to Victoria as soon as possible

• Stayed January 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Booked on-line for 4 nights. I get that £40 per night without breakfast wasn't going to be The Ritz, as I was only going back to sleep at night. I was given a room downstairs which was 6 ft by 5ft that bed was wall to wall. Sitting on edge of bed allowed my feet to touch door to room. Hooks on back of door to hang clothes. Not a window or shelf. 1st night was raining and the the rain was escaping into the tiled hall outside room into gutter. Shocking noise torture. The guy at reception was sleeping on the floor on his mattress when he popped his head up. No point saying anything here. In fact he was waiting outside the shared bathroom with his toothbrush in hand. I could only sit on my bed to do some paper work and when time for bed just crawled in, however on the last night when the cover slipped off I went to fix it and discovered that the sheet I was sleeping on was covered in what I could describe as 'man' stains. Totally disgusting. I informed the guy at reception to be told ' did your bed clothes not get changed? I informed him that they were not changed before I went into the room. No apology, no nothing. Stay we'll clear of this dump

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Paul M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was working over Christmas and stayed there on Christmas night. £50 for Christmas night so it was cheap. Quite, warm, clean. TV with Tea making and on suite shower and Toilet.
That's all I wanted for the night.
It's value for money. Can't complain.

Oh and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Niterói, RJ
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My room stinks, i can hear everything the room above do, no silencie. Good location. The room is very small, my room for a culpe has only 1 towel and the bath remember me an airplane bath. The location and friendly recepcionists are the positive point.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple