Chandos House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$193
$165
$106
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastoxford streetharley streetlarge dining tablegrand roomlate roomsvia lateroomsrooms are hugedanish pastriesbasement leveltop floorcold meatscentral locationstayed for one nightb and bquiet streetquiet hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Found this on late rooms - belongs to the Royal Society of Medicine - and has no real signage - the taxi driver struggled to find it ! But it's right next to Langham's and Oxford Street - what a location !

The room on the 3rd floor was exceptional - light spacious and very very comfortable - and having been in the basement I would avoid if possible particularly if it's warm..............

Breakfast in the terrace was included and very handsome

Exceptional service from all staff

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I booked Chandos House via Laterooms, a very good rate at £110 inc breakfast for 2 people in a "superior room" for a 4* central London property. The building was easy to find off Regent Street and a beautiful building to boot! Wonderful period Reception that carried thorugh to the breakfast room, a welcoming Receptionist with a slightly out of place but lovley looking glass elevator to all floors. I stayed in the Pink Room No. 3 on the 3rd floor, possible loft conversion with slanting ceiling but plenty of space with all mod cons. The only let down was the shower, a fixed height so not very convenient for someone who is 6' showering in a shower fixed at 5'5! Also the pressure was pretty awful, modernise this and I think you could have a perfect stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I didnt originally put a review of this hotel on trip advisor because it is soo nice, and such a hidden secret when I want to stay again it will be full. But, this is a fab place so a little unfair to keep it myself. We got a deal for this on laterooms.com and what a bargain, the room was spacious, beautifully decorated and quiet. We had one of the more standard rooms in the downstairs but this did not effect the quality, nothing can be faulted with this hotel and Id definetly stay again

Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2009

This Hotel is linked to the RSM but other than the rooms being perfectly adequate and the great location, this really lets itself down. There is no room service and breakfast is cold. If you want a cooked breakfast you have to walk over to the RSM and there is an extra charge.

over priced for the service but if you need to be in central london its well located

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Stayed for 1 night midweek in August. It's in a good location, just off Regents Street & 5-10 mins walk from Oxford Circus. The thing I will say is that it doesn't feel like a hotel or BB, it's an unusual feel, which I can't put my finger on (not in a bad way). It felt more like a grand house which was having a lick of paint, which I found mid August to be a weird time to have decorators in! I wasn't sure which parts had/hadn't been decorated, it was difficult to tell as it was c300 years old so I could understand wanting to leave some character, but the stairs definately needed some attention.
The first room we were allocated was in the basement, (a nice modern room) with no air con or window which opened. It was far too hot, I asked if we could move to another room but was told I had to pay extra, I expressed my unhappiness to pay extra as I booked through 'Laterooms' & there was no warning to state the room was in the basement, which I thought unfair. No too happy but they agreed to move us to the 3rd floor for no extra. This room had air con & a window that opened, much better.
The 2 hotel receptionists were not warm or particularly friendly. The 'hotel' had a bar according to the details found in the room, but I never saw it & the hotel staff receptionists didn't offer any information at all other breakfast times.
For a midweek stay in central London, the hotel was fairly good value for money, it was clean,tidy.modern rooms & good location.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business