“Charming, clean, personable and WiFi that works.”
Review of Portobello House

Portobello House
Ranked #69 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the PHH with my teenage son (brave, I know) for two nights. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I travel quite a bit on my own and am quite cautious. I loved the area and getting around whether it was walking/tube/bus or taxi was a snap. We enjoyed walking Portobello Road, Ledbury and Westbourne Grove areas. We came back in the evenings to a bistro that was buzzing with local people, which made a nice change from the bigger hotels. A must for us was WiFi, which worked brilliantly throughout the hotel/bistro. The room we stayed in was not large, but it was decorated tastefully. HAIRDRYERS are available, you just need to ask at reception. (In a review I had read it stated that there weren't any) I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mbluk

Reviewed March 30, 2012

A lovely hotel and restaurant, Carlos and his team made us feel very welcome and treated us in a very friendly manner (very un-London). The prices are very reasonable and I shall hopefully be making another trip there in the very near future. We were there to see my younger sister and this place made us feel like nothing was too much trouble... I cannot recommend them enough, far better than the faceless 5 stars that will knacker your bank balance and make you feel unwelcome. Enjoy! I have submitted this same review to booking.com as it is how I feel about this great place.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Max F
Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel is a gem! This is a boutique styled hotel. Services and cleanliness were excellent. Mostly, staffs went out of their ways to make us feel welcome. The owner Carlos even booked a mini cab for us. The only thing I recommend is it would be helpful if a blow dryer is provided inside the room.

We will be back for sure!!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank meatballlady
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is fantastic mainly due its friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely recommend to friends

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olly H
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night recently and would definitely stay again. The decor is lovely and the room was immaculate as were all areas. The place smells brand new.
The staff were all really helpful and friendly and it's in a great position to just walk to Portobello Road a couple of minutes walk away. The bar down stairs also looks lovely-has a nice atmosphere.
I took my 17 year old niece and we had asked for a twin room but on arrival we had a double bed, which they apologised for profusely (one of the owners said it was a muck up by the booking agent online) we were also given two rounds of free drinks, in actual fact every single member of staff we met apologised. It's not a problem when things go wrong for me as long as they rectify it and are gracious about it which they were.
The bed and pillows were really comfortable also- lovely fresh white linen ( no chintz anywhere in site) I get a bit tired of hotels saying they are boutique hotels when they most definitely aren't - this is a boutique hotel, even down to great lighting,lampshades/wallpaper etc.

The breakfast was fine ( choice of croissant/toast/cereal/fruit salad) although the Happy Shopper yoghurt didn't look very appealing. It saved looking for a cafe for breakfast.
Great place though and we didn't want to leave.
Another reviewer said it's noisy at the front of the building, this didn't bother us at all - It's London, we wanted life and if the windows were double glazed it would wreck the look of the place. It was great looking out the window - people watching.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debo66buster
Reviewed February 28, 2012

With a lack of suitable establishments for in our area to enjoy a Sunday lunch with my rarely seen siblings and mother who still lives locally we decided to visit the revamped Portobello House. What struck me immediately was how much it had changed from the old pub I remember when from my youth.

The atmosphere was welcoming, the staff friendly and the modern decor was finished with a vintage touch. There was 10 in our group and we were asked to wait for a couple of minutes whilst the manager organised a table for us. By the time we got everyone through the table was ready and one of the waitress' had colouring sheets and crayons for the kids.

As highly anticipated we were offered a selection of meats, most of us went for beef, which was an excellent cut and very succulent. We did not have to wait very long at all and the soft and fluffy yorkshire puddings went down well with all.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and the manager and staff were attentive and looked after us very well. we will happily return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Have visited this establishment 4 or 5 times. Whether we dine, snack or take a cheeky drink,
always made to feel most welcome, swiftly served and leave content :)
Great staff and delicious seasonal dishes... complements to the chef.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank claudiav282
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Portobello Hotel
#286 of 1,077 in London
The Premier Notting Hill
The Premier Notting Hill
#354 of 1,077 in London

Been to Portobello House? Share your experiences!