Marlin Apartments - Empire Square
galahotels.com
$286
$276
  • Restaurant
All reviewsborough tube stationlondon bridgetesco expressborough high streetapartment was cleanone bedroom apartmentwashing machinegreat apartmentsborough marketsfull kitchennorthern lineliving roomminute walksouth banklondon eyelocation is excellentshard
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Almost new, nice view, big space, well fitted kitchen, nearly downtown, great transporting, good value, polite staff, close to borough station.

the beds are a little bit small for queen size(180 *180 cm) - Tesco mini-mart at the entrance is a big advantage - Borough Market nearby opposite of London bridge station - but mind you it does not open all week - a must see for any one staying on long lane street. Catalin Ciobotaru, the building Manager and Christina from reception are just awesome people - friendly and so huggable :) .

what could make your stay better than that - well really nothing -quiet place - friendly smiles - wish that the beds were a little bit bigger - but I guess this is London -European bed dimensions :(

All in all - very good value for the money.

Thanks Catalin - Muchos Gracias.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

These apartments are wonderful! located near the tube station,near a Tesco opended until 11pm and well served by bus. The apartment we stayed in was confortable with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom and a kitchen-linving area. The forniture were modern and good looking. We stayed there 5 days in Decembre and we love it! we'll sure come back asap!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We recently had three weeks in a 1BR apartment on the 4th floor, one of six locations around London. There is 24-hour concierge and access to the building is controlled. Not all apartments in the complex are used for short-term lets - there also are owner-occupiers.
The accommodation was very comfortable, and being able to have a well-equipped kitchen was great.
The weekly cleaning was of a high standard, although each time we had to ask for the dishwasher and washing machine supplies to be replaced.
There is a Tesco supermarket adjoining the property, and a Sainsbury supermarket not far away in Borough High Street. The Borough Market also is easy walking distance.
Borough Tube is close by, and London Bridge station is an easy 10 min walk away.
On check out we needed to leave luggage until later in the day, and manager Catalin very kindly allowed us to leave it in his office, and helped us do this.
We found these apartments to be a great alternative to staying in a hotel room, with self-catering and extra space available.

Room Tip: Some rooms have courtyard outlook.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Catalin C, Manager at Marlin Apartments - Empire Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear AussiesBallarat ,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am extremely pleased to hear that your 3 weeks stay was very good. I will certainly pass your comments about cleanliness onto our terrific housekeeping team, they are doing an amazing job.
The apartments are indeed an excellent alternative to a small and expensive hotel room and I hope that next time that you are visiting London you will be staying with us .
I hope that you had a very nice journey back to Australia and looking forward to meeting you again .

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Have stayed here regularly over the past couple of months. The apartments are spacious and well equipped with a full kitchen: fridge-freezer, oven, microwave dishwasher and washer dryer. The staff are friendly and the building is secure. Can't recommend a better place to stay when exploring a city!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear MagicMichelle ,

Thank you very much for your excellent review .

I am so absolutely delighted to hear such lovely comments from a regular guest , it gives me the trust that we are doing a good job . Our apartments are indeed very well equipped and we are continuously investing in our project. Over your next stay you will be enjoying probably our new Smart TVs. Many thanks also for your kind words about our staff , I will make sure that your comments will be passed onto my lovely team .

I hope that Empire Square will become a second home for you and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the one bedroom apartment I stayed in,It was very large, good facilities and clean. Its 10 min walk from London Bridge and Borough stations. I stayed here following a concert at the O2 as the Thames Clipper drops you off about 10 minutes away. I would definitely stay here again, and particularly if I was with a group of friends. Its the best value accommodation I have ever stayed in Central (zone 1) London.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kate H ,

Thank you very much for your very nice review posted on Trip Advisor .

I am so thrilled to hear that you found our apartments to have the best value accommodation in Central London. I hope you had a wonderful time and the concert was good. I hope i have the opportunity to welcome you again at Empire Square .