My husband and I wanted a reliable, clean and central place to stay in our one-and-a-half weeks in London and decided that student digs, having been UK graduates ourselves, were tolerable options for the prices they were charging. We were pleasantly surprised that the entire experience was lovely.
We were attended to by friendly, helpful staff at the reception and were given a spacious twin-room. No great views but the bathrooms were also spacious, the showers were great and housekeeping were very efficient. We never returned to an unclean room. We also enjoyed the kitchen and laundry services, it was everything we need to make a home away from home.
Most reviewers will tell you the location is brilliant, which it is. Tube stop options aplenty, even boat-landings are a few minutes' walk away. We walked to go witness Parliamentary proceedings. Yet at the same time, because it is so close to the river the area often experiences several minutes of quiet (rare in London). I have a great affection for this place, it's made my stay so pleasurable I will definitely come again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northumberland House provides great value self-catered accommodation in a magnificent Grade II listed building just off Trafalgar Square.The accommodation is perfectly placed for all of the tourist attractions in central London- theatres, museums, galleries, Covent Garden and Regent Street are all within easy walking distance.With its historic building, great location, affordable prices and modern facilities (including en-suite throughout), Northumberland House is one of the most attractive places to stay in central London ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your LSE Northumberland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London School Of Economics Northumberland House Hotel London
- LSE Northumberland House London, England