Stayed here mid-week with my family (wife, and 2 year old son). As is to be expected the hotel is seemed to be primarily occupied by business customers, I would say that on the weekends it would be mostly occupied by tourists.
As tourists we found it a great place to stay. Location is superb - not just the fact its right by the London Eye and Big ben, but 15 minutes walk over the river and you are on The Strand and within reach of Covent Garden. Rooms are fantasic. Very modern and and everything works well and does what it should. We loved the fact that even the basic rooms have a lounge area, so plenty of room for the cot. Didn't use the bar or restaurant, but if we go back without our son we certainly will as they looked good and seemed to have a buzz about them. We did use room service on a couple of occasions and the foot was perfect and each time the room service guy was very smiley and friendly (as all the staff were). We paid for access to the club lounge which was well worth it - a lovely little haven and a great breakfast, having used other club lounges/club floors at other hotels, this one exceeded expectations. (would be especially nice in summer due to the outdoor terrace).
Other reviews seem to mention the lifts being slow/busy. We naver had a problem, not even with the push chair - there is a fourth lift just around the corner from the main three.
Our son loved it as he got a welcome pack with some goodies in it including "park Plaza Money" - vouchers for free ice-cream etc. Great idea. I loved the sauna and steam room - great added bonus. Finally a word about the staff. Having stayed in many city centre hotels, unusally the staff here seem to be very happy! It feels more like a resort hotel for that reason alone. Our first time here, but definately not the last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Plaza County Hall London is conveniently located on the south side of the River Thames near Waterloo Station and is next to London's County Hall, home to several attractions, including the London Sea Life Aquarium. The hotel is within minutes of a number of local attractions, including the London Eye, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Our London accommodation features modern guest rooms, six well-equipped meeting rooms with natural daylight, restaurant & bar, an Executive Lounge and a fitness centre. Choose Park Plaza County Hall London and see what makes us one of the top Waterloo hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Plaza County Hall London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza County Hall London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Park Plaza County Hall London England