“Fantastic all rounder - we will be back for sure”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #233 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic all rounder - we will be back for sure”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed here mid-week with my family (wife, and 2 year old son). As is to be expected the hotel is seemed to be primarily occupied by business customers, I would say that on the weekends it would be mostly occupied by tourists.

As tourists we found it a great place to stay. Location is superb - not just the fact its right by the London Eye and Big ben, but 15 minutes walk over the river and you are on The Strand and within reach of Covent Garden. Rooms are fantasic. Very modern and and everything works well and does what it should. We loved the fact that even the basic rooms have a lounge area, so plenty of room for the cot. Didn't use the bar or restaurant, but if we go back without our son we certainly will as they looked good and seemed to have a buzz about them. We did use room service on a couple of occasions and the foot was perfect and each time the room service guy was very smiley and friendly (as all the staff were). We paid for access to the club lounge which was well worth it - a lovely little haven and a great breakfast, having used other club lounges/club floors at other hotels, this one exceeded expectations. (would be especially nice in summer due to the outdoor terrace).

Other reviews seem to mention the lifts being slow/busy. We naver had a problem, not even with the push chair - there is a fourth lift just around the corner from the main three.

Our son loved it as he got a welcome pack with some goodies in it including "park Plaza Money" - vouchers for free ice-cream etc. Great idea. I loved the sauna and steam room - great added bonus. Finally a word about the staff. Having stayed in many city centre hotels, unusally the staff here seem to be very happy! It feels more like a resort hotel for that reason alone. Our first time here, but definately not the last.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Boycey100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2010

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left it was clear that the staff at the Park Plaza were completely focussed on ensuring that we were looked after. Check in was a breeze efficient, helpful and at the same time personal we really did feel welcome. We have stayed in many Hotels in London over the years and I am pleased to say that the level of service we received at the Park Plaza was of a higher standard than that received in some of the 5 star establishments in the capital. This coupled with an excellent location and a beautiful modern interior makes the Plaza the ideal location for a stay business or pleasure. We will be back soon. Higly recommended for quality and value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Firstly in my opinion I find that it is much easier to find this hotel from westminster station as opposied to Waterloo for the simple fact that you come out of Westminster tube, turn your head left, and the huge park plaza sign is in plain sight and straight ahead of you from there.

The hotel itself was ok, clean & contemporary although it had a business/conference centre feel to it. The lifts were an absolute nightmare, as we were on the 13th floor we were waiting for up to 10 minutes to get up and down as it stopped at each floor on the way which became frustrating. I would reccommend if you suffer from chlaustrophobia in any way then don't book here as you may be stuck on the second to top floor in an overheated room with an internal view and no natural light as we were. Not good for a decent nights sleep

The food in the bar left little to be desired. I ordered a roast beef sandwich and was not asked a preference as to how I would like it cooked which I didn't expect to be, however I also didn't expect to be so rare that a good vet could have brought it back to life.

The breakfast in the morning was great. Hot & cold food, good selection, friendly staff. Would reccommend going early however as we went down at 7:30 which was fine but then an hour later people were queing to get in as it was absoltely chocca.

The location of this hotel is fine but then I've always been a believer that there is no such thing as bad location in central London becuase youre always just a 2 minute tube away from somewhere.

Overall very average. Could have got something a lot better for the £182 we paid

• Stayed October 2010
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and 2 daughters in November 2010. The hotel is very nice and the room was superb. Absolutely everything was catered for in the room! We stayed on the 10th floor and the view was great. It's a 10 minute walk to Waterloo stations and 5 to the London Eye. Check in and out was very efficient and quick. I took advantage of the 21 day advanced booking which was a very good price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I travelled to London for shopping with my two daughters aged 9 and 11. The hotel is great and so child friendly - giving the kids a welcoming package, a lollipop at the arrival and they even had breakfast for free. The room was a family room, good size, clean and very modern. Short walk from the hotel to London Eye and Waterloo station. I have been so many times to London paying a lot for nothing when it comes to hotels. This was a wonderful change. I recommend this hotel to everyone and I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Had an amazing view, nice amenities in room with great coffee, sink, fridge. Modern building, clean. Tight room for a family of 4, but it beats paying for 2 rooms. Friendly staff but concierge was a not up to speed. 2 different conciereges on two different days really didn't know their way around the area. They both tried hard and had good attitudes, but ultimately we just asked to use the computer they were trying to look up the info on and we found it ourselves. Not a big deal. We laughed about it and went about our day.

Waitstaff and front desk were very eager to serve. Easy walk to Parliament, London Eye, Pedestrian bridges across the river. The hotel pretty much has everything you need and has no down side. I'd call this a 4 star hotel, and wouldn't hesitiate to stay there again with my family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The Park Plaza County Hall hotel was perfect for my 4-day extended weekend stay in London. The studio room was perfect (actually quite large for a solo traveler) and had a great living area, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. My studio room also came with the full english breakfast which had a large variety of foods/drinks and was a perfect way to start each day.

The hotel was also located near (~5 min walk) the Waterloo station which has access to the tube and trains (extremely helpful!!).

I also enjoyed the fitness room, which had a ton of equipment available compared to other hotel 'fitness rooms'.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone (solo travelers, couples, families, business travelers, etc) and will stay at the Park Plaza County Hall hotel next time I am in London...can't wait!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo