“Faultless. Absolutely superb!!!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool
“Faultless. Absolutely superb!!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I was on a business trip down to London and a friend of mine had recommended Park Plaza County Hall. Id never stayed with the company before so thought id give it a go. Now, I don't think I will stay with anybody else again in London. Everything was fantastic. The staff could not do enough for me, everything i needed was supplied in my room and to top it off, I got a couple of wonderful meals in their restaurant.

I've stayed in many hotels and never before have I felt like it was almost my own apartment instead of thinking it was a hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody going to London. Be it for business or leisure as the hotel is ideally situated for both.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and also for such kind compliments regarding your stay with us! I am so glad that we are able to make your stay feel like you were in your own home and that our teams we are able to assist your needs throughout your visit.

Once again, thank you for your custom and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Simon Mahon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,097)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cambridge UK
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Booked a suite room so children were in a separate area. All the staff were very child friendly (checking in and out).
Good location and there is some on-street parking free at weekends from Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy that you found our rooms suitable and comfortable for you and your family, and I hope you will continue to do so for your future visits.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we hope to see you again soon.

Lancashire UK
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed here for new years eve week 2009. Had a great time.

Bought a family room for a few nights. Price was around £250 a night including NYE and special dinner dance / celbrations etc.

Modern Hotel is in a great spot - next to Westminster Bridge and all attractions - London Eye, prliament, big ben etc. 20 minutes on foot to Oxford Street or Covent Garden.

Problem may be with the views - many of the rooms (including ours) overlooked waterloo train station or a car park at the rear - all a bit dreary. I booked the room late in the year so was just glad to get a room for NYE as most other hotels were booked up. The main thing was the double family room was a decent size with good facilities, food and breakfast was good and location for attractions was great.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us during the festive season. I am glad that you found the majority of your stay to be enjoyable and that our rooms were sufficient for you and your family.

However, I am sorry that we were unable to allocate a room for you with your preferred view, but thank you for your consideration during such a busy period for us.

london, uk
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on two separate stays within a week. On both cases I got a Studio room which I found very clean, tidy and welcoming. On the second stay I got a room with view over the Waterloo tube trains depot which to some might seem horrible but to me seemed great. The design is modern without being over the top.
The breakfast was excellent and varied, the restaurant staff very attentive and the receptionists very quick in managing check in (my second stay was on a busy Saturday night).
I would commend the Spanish receptionist - I can't unfortunately remember the name - for a very welcoming check in.
The only drawback was that on the first night, probably because of the room facing the inner courtyard, my mobile broadband connection wouldn't work. It was fine on the second night though.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank antonella
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your previous two stays with us and that our teams were able to assist you attentively and efficiently. Please be assured that we will be passing your kind comments to the teams, who will receive the recognition that they clearly deserve.

However, I would like to apologise for the connectivity issues experienced with our Internet service. We are currently working with our Internet provider in order to maximise the speed and efficiency of this service, and will continue to do so until we meet the requirements of our guests. We are also in the process of installing additional access points.

Netherlands
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Perfect hotel for famillies. Prime location close to London Eye, Westminster etc. South Bank is a redeveloped area of London with easy access to good restuarants, transport etc. Stayed in a Junior Suite which was perfect accommodation size for 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 11. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family comfortably in one of our Junior Suites.

On behalf of Park Plaza County Hall, thank you for your custom and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My boyfriend & I stayed here for one night at the beginning of Apri. We book the top secret hotel through Lastminute.com but was moved to this hotel due to overbooking on the other park plaza down the road.

We had a fantastic greating with a high five from the receptionist (it was our 6 year anniversary) and a chocolate from the porter. The staff were the best i have had in London, even if their English was a lttle broken.

The reception is lovely and very minimal and contemporary. The lift up to the 11th floor gives a great view down to the dining room. Very trendy.

We were in room 1116 which was a loverly room, if a little small. We were surprised on our arrival that all the doors of cupboards were open and the drain of the sinks and shower were open. However we later were visited 3 times by housekeeping in 20 minutes. So we believe it had not been fully prepared before our arrival. The bed and all cabinets were also 1 meter away from the wall, which involved some heavy lifitng on our behalf!

The room had a small kitchen area and a living room too. The room overlooked the train tracks, but we could not hear anything up on the 11th floor. The bathroom was a good size with a separate shower and bath tub. There was also good quality aminities.

Overall this was a good hotel and i would reconmend you stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I really appreciate your feedback. However, I am sorry that your allocated room was not fully prepared prior to check-in. I can assure you that our teams are now aware of your concerns and will deal with it accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza County Hall again soon.

scotland
Reviewed April 5, 2010

got an amazing room here on one of the discount sites. Great staff, great room, great quality for money, good location, would stay here again in a flash!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I would like to start off by thanking you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I hope we will be able to exceed your expectations during your next visit.