“Spectacular view, modern, clean and spacious”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #233 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Oslo
“Spectacular view, modern, clean and spacious”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed in a penthouse at the top floor with a spectacular view to both the London Eye and Big Ben. The hotel is located next to the Waterloo station, but still it is very quit inside because of the double windows. We were impressed by the size of the apartment. The sofa was not very good. The king size bed was nice. We got the double duvets changed to single duvets. The two bathrooms are nice, but we were missing a shower in the second one with the bath tube. Free internet access should be included.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,089)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed at Park Plaza County Hall, London 4* hotel for one night 19/20 September - How disappointed we all were!!!!!!!

I emailed the hotel before booking to enquire if theyhad twin rooms – I was told in the reply that they did, so I proceeded with the booking, the confirmation email said that the rooms would be ready by 1400 hours, which fitted in with our plans as we had an appointment booked for 1500 hours.

On arrival at the hotel at 1350 hours, we were told that only one room was ready and we would have to come back at 1400 hours for the other rooms. At this point I double checked that we had twin rooms and I was told the hotel only had double rooms. (VERY DISAPPOINTED, as specifically asked prior to booking)

We decided to drop all bags into that room and have a drink in the bar. We arrive in the room to find that the room was in fact not ready, it was still awaiting cleaning. We went back down to reception to advise the Receptionist, who apologised and changed the room.

We went to the bar for a drink whilst waiting - £48 for 6 drinks!!

By this time it was 1410 so we asked for the other two rooms, we were told that they were still not ready. We informed the Receptionist that we had to leave by 1445 in order to get to our appointment. She gave us two alternative rooms, one of which turned out to be a double bed room, we had to go back down to Reception and ask for our rooms to be changed. The Receptionist was quite rude, informing us that we had only booked a double rooms. I disagreed and said that I could provide the original email from the hotel informing me that you had twin rooms (WHICH WAS THE POINT OF BOOKING). She reluctantly changed our rooms yet again and told us that the sofa bed would be made up by 1700 for us to use in each of the rooms.

After all the messing around it was 1445 before we were able to get to our rooms and therefore we could not make our appointment for 1500 and had to cancel, as this attraction is only open once a year we were very disappointed at having to miss out after a long time in the planning.

On returning to the hotel at 2300 hours, two of our party got off on the 9th floor, and we noticed the smell of food microwaving – only to be informed by the party arriving 10 minutes later to our room on the 12th floor, that there was in fact the microwave was on fire and the alarms were sounding on their floor. The smell was very overpowering and they had to wait to return to their rooms.

Then at 0545 the general alarm sounded all over the hotel for a short time and then stopped. Our party then decided that we should have an earlier breakfast than planned. On arrival in the breakfast area, everybody else must have had the same plan as there was a queue. The hot English Breakfast was in fact not hot – lukewarm if lucky but most of it was very cold and unappetising – and was left on the plate by our party and most of the other tables.

We have stayed all over Europe over the last 10 years our party has been travelling as a group, this is the first time we have stayed in a ‘luxury’ 4* hotel (was supposed to be a celebration of 10 years) and the first time that we have stayed in the UK. We have never been so disappointed – was have has better service and better food in a 1 – 2 * hotels.

Admittedly the rooms at the hotel were excellent and location was close to Waterloo Station but the service was appalling and the food was inedible.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Poole, Dorset, UJ
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Fantastic hotel, mins walk from Waterloo train station, London Eye and Westminster Bridge. Modern hotel with friendly staff, great rooms and lovely breakfast. Couldnt ask for more, very high standard of hotel. Would certainly go back and recommend to all.

Derbys
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Me and my sister stayed at this hotel for one night only when we took in a London show. It is probably the best Central London hotel I have stayed at. The staff are very friendly and polite and we got an upgrade to a suite for £45 between us which included use of the exec. lounge , free bar between 6pm and 8pm and breakfast which we thought was really good value. The hotel is really modern and clean. I would definately stay at this hotel again if I was visiting London in the future

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Belfast
Reviewed September 21, 2009

i usually use this hotel for business so on this occasion travelling for pleasure I hoped my positive business experience would justify using this hotel for leisure.

I was completely correct, the hotel is well situated, the service from the staff is excellent and overall this was an excellent experience.

We had a studio room which was superb for our needs, the room was clean and tidy with all the extras required.THis hotel is to be highly recommended and it certainly is valuse for money

1 Thank ultonian
Looe
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Stayed for two nights in one of the penthouse suites - the views were amazing!! The whole hotel gets it just right - this is smart, contemporary done with style and sheer good taste. The location is superb - 3 minutes from either waterloo or embankment tube - but what views - we lay in bed overlooking Big Ben, the River Thames and the London Eye - all of London seemed to be before us!

The staff team were really friendly and welcoming - they couldn't do enough for us - if you are staying in London, look no further than this great hotel.

GERMANY
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Living in Germany as a military officer, I am bestowed with many a dissapponitment being personal and professional. This time around, Park Plaza County Hall has provided me wrong with staff like Jason Davids. After thinking I had lost property of mine in a taxiin August,I had lost hope.I decide to call hotels that I had met up with colleagues and friends. I called Parl Plaza County Hall and spoke to Jason. I gave him so information to which heavy questioning, I found that my property was left at Park Plaza County Hall. I informed him that I would pick it up at 12pm but due to flight problems, I was unable to pick it up at the specific time. He recommended a taxi to drop the itens but after past experience I was not going to let it go down that road agian. He offered to drop it at the hotel I was based at no charge after he finished his shift,,,which he did. He left it with the concierge at the hotel. I called Park Plaza County Hall but he was off on the day I called to say thank you for everything he had done. He went above and beyond.

Stayed August 2009