Park Plaza County Hall London
Doubletree
$212
$155
  • Pool
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Bar/Lounge
$316
$285
$221
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$155
$326
Chesterfield
$248
$207
$216
8,066 results
All reviewswaterloo stationlondon eyebig benstudio roomsofa bedsouth bankthe penthousekitchen areasmall kitchenettecity viewwestminster abbeynespresso machineexcellent locationan upgradefantastic hotelmini barbooked this hotel
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mom and I recently stayed at Park Plaza County Hall May 15-21, 2014. We had a wonderful stay and the hotel was amazing! The location is great, only about 5 mins to Waterloo, the London Eye, and the Florence Nightengale Museum! (Which for any others in the nursing field I would recommend!)

My only complaint on our stay were the beds, for the price of our stay I felt as though the beds were uncomfortable. I believe they should have at least some softer mattresses. The room service was wonderful, and the gym was good! Overall I would consider them during my next stay in London!

Room Tip: Get a room on at least the 12th floor, the views are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay Q
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

jayquinn92

Thank you for your great trip advisor review!

I am so glad to read you had a wonderful stay while in London. Thank you for the feedback regarding our bed and I will bring this to the attention of our executive housekeeper.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights at the end of May. I relied heavily on the TripAdvisor reviews in making my decision on a hotel in London, so I wanted to be sure to share my thoughts to help others do the same. Park Plaza County Hall was definitely the right choice, and I highly recommend it. It is conveniently located to so much -- the tube, restaurants, and attractions. We walked to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament and many other places. Often we would take the tube across London and then walk back stopping at various places along the way.

We never ate in the hotel. There is a Starbucks right across the street, so we would grab coffee and a pastry or biscuit there and then head out for the day. After visiting attractions and exploring London all day, we would usually get back in the early evening and eat dinner at one of the restaurants along the South Bank and then get back to the hotel around 9 pm and crash.

The only two "complaints" I have is that we had to call and request washcloths every day, even though their website says they are provided with our level room (Executive Studio) and we asked one night about getting a taxi at 5:30 am the next morning as we had to be at the train station by 6 am for a tour and when we went down the next morning here was no taxi waiting and we couldn't find anybody to help us because the lobby was swamped with a large group of what looked like students checking out (so we just walked down the street and got our own taxi). Also, although our room was on the 10th floor, we had a view of the train station instead of the London Eye. We were hoping to be offered a free upgrade at check-in like others have mentioned, but we weren't. However, they did leave a bottle of wine in our room for our son's birthday which was very nice.

Bottom line, this hotel is great! The staff was friendly, the room was clean and had a good layout, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay here again if we ever come back to London.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank RelaxedAndHappy010
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

RelaxedAndHappy010

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am pleased to see that we have delivered our consistent high standards of hospitality over the nine nights you stayed. I am however sorry to see you had to ask for face cloths daily and also the apparent lack of communication as far as organising your taxi for the morning. I am very concerned about this and I assure you your comments have already been shared by both our Head Concierge and Executive Housekeeper.

Many thanks again and we all look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My number one London hotel, although can't always get availability. Good sized rooms some outward facing others into inner atrium space. Staff at breakfast and Italian restaurant very friendly and interact with regular guests. Colleagues also rate this number one!

Very central for business and tourists, hotel is more tourists. Some rooms have views but most don't. Very quiet in rooms for both internal and external noise and I'm a light sleeper.

Italian restaurant has varied menu and good quality. Central London prices though, watch out for the 12.5% service charge added automatically. Don't tip as well!

Club Carlson rewards good for business travellers. Make sure that they actually add the points to your account, often doesn't happen automatically for me.

Hotel is behind county hall itself ie away from the river. Don't get mixed up with larger park plaza nearby which is Westminster.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul W

Paul W

Thank you for the great review. We do our best to cater for both corporate and leisure guests. Club Carlson is indeed a very rewarding loyalty programme, and I cannot shout enough its excellent benefits! No doubt you and your colleagues are already experiencing these. We appreciate your custom and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice and comfy size on ordinary studios/rooms, although the bathroom is narrow. For one person it is not a problem. The hotel is clean, has a central location by Westminster and the London eye, and friendly staff. The hotel also has a nice fitness room: Small but nice.
The breakfast was a disappointment and if you need some extra gear (as a projector) it will cost you a lot of money. All in all a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Galaktoboureko

Galaktoboureko

Thank you for the TA review.

I and the team are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again when on business in london soon.

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed at Park Plaza during holiday to London. Only for a few nights and it was well worth it. It located close to a tube station, busses nearby and a walking distance to the London Eye, restaurants and the Thames River. You can walk to Big Ben and other surrounding areas. Staff we're very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Romy P

Romy P

Many thanks for the precise but excellent review. Please do come back for longer!