“Lovely place to stay to explore the sites.”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #238 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay to explore the sites.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

2nd visit to this hotel, I feel for one night stay for a 2 adult 2kid family over £200 is a bit pricey. However only bad things were view from the room 204 was a shed building or something, kids sofa bed is very hard and room wasn't as large as b4, but not there to spend time in room. Lovely reception, helpful staff, clean white crisp bedding, excellent location straight on Westminster tube and over the bridge and your at the hotel, fantastic breakfast, food from bar was also to high standard even have kids menu. Kids get fun pack on arrival with wrist bands with hotel details should they get lost, and pretend money which is exchange to ice cream in the bar, just what they needed after theatre show yummy

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Smyth76
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Smyth76,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your children found the sofa bed to be uncomfortable. I will ensure that this is passed to our Head of Housekeeping to address.

It's great that your children could come back from the theatre and enjoy spending their Park Plaza money!

I do hope you are able to stay with us again when you are next in London.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Room spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable - make sure you upgrade to a junior suite!!!!Breakfast beautiful, hot and try the beef sausages Mmmmmm. Ate in the restaurant, the lamb is to die for and the chap serving me was very personable! Can't wait to stay again

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
lick_the_lid

Thank you for another 5 star review!!!

I have to agree our Junior Suite rooms are definitely worth the small upgrade fee.

I am glad that you experienced our amazing breakfast and dinner in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Let me start with the only two tiny negatives I have. Firstly, your final bill does not come as a detailed bill so keep all the chits you sign so you can double check your final bill. Saying this, the only issue with my bill was that the mini bar was opened twice by accident and charges appeared on the bill. Secondly, I couldn't get mobile phone reception in the bed area of the room. Again this was such a minor thing for me but might be an inconvenience for some.

However, this didn't dent my enjoyment of my stay one bit. When I booked I asked if it was possible to have an extra bed put in the room for Saturday as my sister was coming through for 1 night. When I arrived, I was told that I had been upgraded to a room with a double bed and a double sofa bed. The sofa bed was made up when I arrived but one quick call to reception and that was sorted.

Staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The prices in the hotel bar were not extortionate considering that the hotel was so central and the bar food was tasty. If you want a great meal you can't go far wrong with the restaurant in the hotel. The food was very enjoyable and reasonably priced. However, breakfast was a bit of a nightmare. I only went for breakfast on the Sunday and when I went down at about 9.30 am the restaurant and bar were full and there were queues. I'm not sure if you can book for a time.

I would definitely stay here again and in fact would look forward to a trip to a busy, noisy, dirty London if I knew a stay at this hotel was involved.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure you can get views of the London Eye so ask for this if you like a nice view. My...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bagpuss65_11
Bagpuss65_11

Thank you for the great review, and is great that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our studio rooms.

I am glad you will stay with us again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kind Regards

Bradley Werb

Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Honestly? I don't have a bad word to say about this great hotel, its fantastic staff or brilliant location. My particular thanks to Blessing and his team in Guest Relations who gave me an upgrade to a Junior Suite and to Francisco in the bar for his excellent suggestion of a cold glass of prosecco when I got back to the hotel after a full day of meetings. The room was well-equipped, comfortable and quiet and the central location meant I could walk to most of my meetings. I'm in London every two to three months for work and this will now be my hotel of choice every time I'm there. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for leisure trips, too. I spend a great deal of my time travelling in Europe and the US for work and the Park Plaza beats many more expensive hotels hands-down.

Room Tip: If there is the possibility of an upgrade to a Junior Suite, grab it with both hands! The kitchenett...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Isola20

I am absolutely delighted to read your words of praise following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am so happy that the team and I exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recognising Francisco for the excellent work he does in the bar. He certainly appreciates the recognition. It is this service that also makes Park Plaza County Hall and the team we have here one of the best hotels in London. I have shared your comments with them already and
we all look forward to your next visit.

Blessing Tavaya

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked this hotel for one night as we were going to a concert. I never sleep well in hotels, but this hotel is the only one have ever had a great nights sleep in! The rooms are gorgeous, clean and the bed is very comfortable! Great location right near Waterloo station! We also opted for a room service breakfast in bed for the morning which was heavenly! And for £13pp the amount and quality of food we got was worth it! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Mila125,

Thank you for your review!

It's always nice to read that our guests have found Park Plaza County Hall to be the best hotel they have ever stayed in!

I am convinced you will return and make sure you check out our website for the best deals.

Salisbury
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Every aspect was excellent. In particular the room was of the highest quality and despite the proximity to Waterloo station, there was no noise, all leading to a very peaceful nights sleep. Location would be hard to beat for transport - and tourist attractions (just over the bridge from the Houses of Parliament).

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - but high rooms are best.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
UKtraveller65,

Excellent review, thank you!

Location cannot be beat - I do agree and I do hope that means you will be booking a return visit to us very soon!?

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend with family as part of a city break. Reception staff friendly and efficient, rooms were late in preparation but we received a text when they were ready. Left luggage service free and very good. The rooms were clean and well equipped with unexpectedly fabulous views of the London Eye and Big Ben.

We didn't take breakfast as good options nearby. On return from an afternoon shopping trip, we had a round of alcohol-free drinks which were described as "coolers" featuring a variety of fruit flavours. These turned out to be bottles of fizzy Russian fruit concoctions with no sign of fresh fruit and a list of dodgy ingredients. With the "optional" 12.5% service charge, I ended up with a bill for over 30 pounds for a round of undrinkable drinks for 5 adults and 2 children. Our fault for not checking out the ingredients before ordering - but future buyers beware!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - the location is great for the London Eye and Houses of Parliament
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Farple

Thank you for taking the time to review Park Plaza County Hall.

It’s great to hear you found our bedrooms clean and well equipped and appreciated our free left luggage service. However, I am particularly concerned to read your feedback about your experience in Spectrum Bar and Cafe.

The drinks that you have referred to are clearly explained on our menu. They are not listed as cocktails, but bottled soft drinks that are actually quite popular for their low calorie content and natural ingredients. I can only apologise for any misunderstanding but rest assured they don’t contain any artificial additives.

Our bar prices are checked on a regular basis and I can confirm they are competitive with other 4-star properties in the local area. The service charge is discretional and we would have been more than happy to remove it from your bill should you have requested so.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Plaza County Hall in the not too distant future.

Blessing Tavaya