We were debating whether to give the hotel a three or a four star review. A three and a half, which seems to be what this hotel averages, would have been most appropriate. The Park Plaza County Hall is a new hotel in a wonderful location. We were able to walk to many attractions including Parliament, Buckingham Palace and the Theatre District. The rooms were clean and were suites, which was a big plus for us, since we took our teen aged daughter with us and it was nice to have separate space. If you are looking for a hotel with a suite, this is one for you to consider.
However, be forewarned, as mentioned in other reviews, that the double bed was hard and the sofa bed was like a rock. It was akin to sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor.
After the first day, our room began to smell of sewage (avoid a room ending in "05". When we first complained, we were told that we should first allow housekeeping to investigate the source of the odor. However, 15 minutes later, reception called to tell me that the person in the floor below had complained as well and the problem was obviously one involving the line of rooms. The good thing about the room was that the AC had been working adequately. When we switched rooms, we were given a room where the AC was barely noticeable. Fortunately, the heat wave in London had passed, so it was tolerable. The second room was a corner room and was actually smaller than the first. I would recommend that you give your room a once over before unpacking and request a change if needed.
The lifts were not as slow as I had expected, and the staff was responsive to our complaints. There were a few broken items in both rooms. I think that they cheaped out with the furnishings and supplies when they built the hotel.
All and all, it was not a bad experience, but we would probably stay elsewhere if we returned to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Plaza County Hall London is conveniently located on the south side of the River Thames near Waterloo Station and is next to London's County Hall, home to several attractions, including the London Sea Life Aquarium. The hotel is within minutes of a number of local attractions, including the London Eye, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Our London accommodation features modern guest rooms, six well-equipped meeting rooms with natural daylight, restaurant & bar, an Executive Lounge and a fitness centre. Choose Park Plaza County Hall London and see what makes us one of the top Waterloo hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Park Plaza County Hall London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza County Hall London Hotel London
- Park Plaza London
- London Park Plaza
- Park Plaza County Hall London England