“Theatre Weekend”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went to London to see the Bodyguard and decided to stay at the Park Plaza. What a well run hotel this is. We had an excellent room with a large screen TV, a walk in shower, large bed and lots of room. It was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was good, the staff were helpful, it is ideally situated near Waterloo and Westminster, just along from the London Eye so what more can I say. Just one thing.... drinks in the bar are very expensive. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

John W,

Thank you for your review.

I really want to stay for the Bodyguard - glad you enjoyed!

Thank you for your feedback about our drink prices in the bar. I will pass your feedback to our Food and Beverage Manager.

I hope you can stay again!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for the weekend as a birthday treat. My husband e-mailed in advance and we were allocated a room with a view plus complimentary bottle of wine and a birthday card! Room was very well equipped and everything was of good quality. All the staff we met were exceptionally polite and very helpful. Location is convenient for buses and underground, taxi to Charing Cross Road approx. £10.00. Altogether a most enjoyable stay, will definitely return.

Anne J,

I am happy that you liked the bottle of wine to mark your Birthday stay with us.

I agree that we are in a great location with fantastic transport links.

When you are next staying in London, please think of us!

I had a wonderful stay
Great service, wonderful breakfast
a top top hotel
the room was fantastic, quiet and Nice
i would also recommend the restaurant, lovely Food
if you want to relax in the evening, the bar is a good shout.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bjarne2014,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our restaurant L'Italiano and our Spectrum Bar!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our stay was brilliant. Welcomed with a margarita cocktail we had the added surprise of being upgraded to an executive suite with a fantastic view of London and the shard.
Despite being busy it was very quiet and slept very well.
The staff are really nice and looked after us really well, they brought orange juice to people queuing to get a table at breakfast.
I'm local so don't get to stay in a hotel in London often but I highly recommend this one.

oribie,

What a review!!!

Great to read that you could try one of our welcome shots at reception - our bar team make a mean margarita!

I really hope that you can recommend us and come back and stay too!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here last Saturday for one night combined with a theatre break for a birthday treat. The suite was very clean with plenty of room. The management had put balloons and wine in the room, which was a really nice touch. The addition of the lounge area was very nice to drink my wine before going out for the evening.

The view from our room (on the 13th floor) was amazing. London eye, big ben and houses of parliament all visible. In fact I had problems sleeping as I could not stop looking at the London eye all lit up.

Breakfast time was a little disappointing, as although we were told it was a busy service, we did not expect to be quite so bad. Also when we got to the front of the queue, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a full breakfast (apparently bed and breakfast only includes the continental breakfast option. Although this was sufficient, it would have been nice to know beforehand.

I totally understand that a city centre hotel will be busy, as the management know this, it might be worth adding a little more room (the tables were very close to each other), or getting guests to use the tables in the bar area.

Overall a lovely hotel, with exceptionally polite and courteous staff. I would definitely stay again, but would probably take up the option of breakfast in bed (if the order form in our room was a little easier to understand what we would be paying for!).

lynbt,

Great you could come and stay with us for a birthday treat and that you liked the balloons we could arrange for you as a surprise.

I am sorry that you were unaware of the breakfast that was included in your reservation. If our guests have continental, they do have the option to upgrade to full English breakfast. We do always try to let all our guests know of busier periods and do open other areas of the hotel to ensure our guests are seated as soon as possible, but I am sorry that on this occasion your experience wasn't what you had expected.

Thank you for your review. We will use it to improve and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here with colleagues one night for a business trip. The hotel was easy to reach from Waterloo Station. Check in was very straightforward and quick by very professional reception staff. My room was a good size, nicely laid out with plenty of storage space. The room had a microwave, dishes, ice bucket and a fridge that you could use to store drinks etc in as well as a mini bar. The bathroom was not huge but clean and very well presented.
We had drinks at the bar and the service once again was excellent. Breakfast was included in the price and we arrived at the busiest time, but we were seated quickly.
I would especially like to thank Kim in the restaurant for her friendly and helpful manner, she is a lovely lady and Luci the doorman who couldn't have been more helpful and informative.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will be using staying here for any future trips to London

Room Tip: My colleague was given a room with a view of the London Eye which was fabulous, worth asking for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

casbird,

What a lovely review.

I am very pleased to read of your stay with us and that my colleague Kim was able to help during your time at breakfast.

I am happy to read that you would not hesitate to recommend us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful visit to London. Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a good experience overall. Checkin was quick (though we noticed the front desk people were not friendly or welcoming). Room was small with no view but adequate since we spent minimal time there. What made this hotel great were the free breakfast and excellent location! There were a lot of options at breakfast with different meats, fresh fruit, and pastries. Amazing location within a block of Big Ben and the London Eye! Nearby Waterloo and Westminster tube stops made traveling easy too.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Susanvu

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your expriences. I am delighted you enjoyed our location and the choice of food on our buffet breakfast. I invite you to try our Executive rooms when you visit next, and you can enjoy spectacular views over the city or of both Big Ben and London eye.

However please accept my apologies for what must have looked like a lack of friendliness and welcome from our front desk staff. I can assure you this is highly unusual, but acknowledge your comments and will use them to fine tune our operations going forward.

Thank you again and we eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Blessing Tavaya