“Normal Park Plaza standards Great Location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #239 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This stay was for two nights mid-week in Jan 2014. I have stayed at both the Park Plaza County Hall and Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. For all intent and purpose they are at the same location. There is literally 50 yards between both entrances. The PP County Hall is more compact in the reception area and bar area but this gives it a good feel. The standard of service and attentiveness is what you would expect from a PP and in fact the smaller reception area made it feel more personal than the sister hotel next door. The location is perfect, on the south side of westminster bridge you can walk to all the main tourist attractions within 10 mins(Parliament in 5 and then further on to Leicester Square in 10min). Rooms were of a very good standard with very nice bathrooms(the standard at which I judge hotels). Would I stay here again, definitely, Yes.

1  Thank BradBourbon
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

BradBourbon

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience after your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted that, once again, we continue to meet your expectations especially with our fantastic service across the brand. I have shared your comments with our brilliant team and we all hope to welcome you once again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza County Hall London

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was very impressed at the standard of room. I expected a double room but also had a large seating area and a kitchenette (i think that is what it is called). Lovely bathroom, spacious with good shower and comfy bath. Good pillows and comfortable bed. Everything is there that you could need ie iron and board. Particularly liked having music channel and not having to pay for it. Just sorry I arrived late and had to leave early, so didn't make the most of it. Staff very nice. As a lone female I felt very secure - door lock and chain on the door. Would book again. Good price as I booked ahead.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Woofie1
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Woofie1,

I am very pleased that you felt safe as a lone, female traveler. We aim to make all our guests feel safe, secure and welcome and I am glad we achieved this on your stay with us.

I do hope you think of us when you are next staying in London!

Emily Abbam

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Booked this break for my partners 50th birthday the Hotel up graded our room and sent up some wine. the staff could not do enough for us. They made us feel so special we could not ask for any more. we will never forget this break thank you so much.

Room Tip: tell the what you need
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald1461

Gerald1461,

Thank you for your review!

I am pleased that you had a great stay with us while celebrating your partners 50th Birthday.

It's also amazing to read that you will never forget your experience with us!!!

We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Emily Abbam

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had initially booked a single room for myself through an agency than I contacted the hotel to ask for double bed as my wife would coming with me. I was proposed an upgrade to junior suite at a discounted price even though, as I found out later, the hotel is almost full which was very nice of them.

Upon arrival we were greeted with smiling faces and everything was taken care of swiftly. As we were checking in early the room was not yet ready which is normal we had lunch in a very nice restaurant near the hotel and by the time we got back the room was ready.

The hotel is located at the center of London near the main attractions, London eye, house of parliaments, Buckingham palace, etc. are just a small walk away.

We stayed for 6 days and we never had to complain about anything the room was always properly cleaned, the service was second to none. I rarely gets impressed with hotel services but these guys really impressed me.

The WIFI is free but you have to register your email for 24 hours access at low speed which can be renewed for free for 4 days after that you must pick a paid bundle.

I would definitely recommend it for business or leisure and for sure I would chose it if I go back to London.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
1  Thank Patrick C
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

chkaiban

Many thanks for taking the time to post your honest review and sharing your experience here at Park Plaza County Hall.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations. I am even more delighted to see we have maintained the consistency of excellent service delivery throughout the 6 nights you stayed. It is this commitment to excellence that sets us apart from the other multitude of hotels here in London.

We are thrilled you are already considering us again for you return visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

stayed here in January,two adults and two small children,we stayed in the studio rooms,found the room clean,comfortable with nice decor!
please be aware the pull out sofa be very uncomfortable,I may aswell slept on the floor!!! it really was the worst sleep I've had..

location is fantastic,right by all the main attractions.
breakfast was amazing,very little wait!!

overall I would stay here again(just not on the sofa bed)..

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jonesy_newtra
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

jonesy_newtra

I am delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at Park Plaza County Hall. I am happy to see that you really did enjoy the great service and facilities we are all so proud of.

Thank you again and please do come back and see us!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Thanks so much for making my daughter's 10th birthday celebration such a huge success. The upgrade was beyond our wildest dreams. Coupled with the kids' goody 'money', the wine, the balloons, the drinks and snacks - you kept on surprising us! All delivered with a smile and aplomb. What a wonderful trip - one we'll never forget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Sarah M

Thank you very much for sharing your warm experiences here at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted to see you have acknowledged our family friendly attitude towards our guests. Here at County Hall we are very much aware even the little ones need to have fun in hotels!

The team and I are delighted you have carried with you such beautiful memories. We certainly hope to see you again when you celebrate the next special event.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely Hotel Located Just Two Minutes From London Eye & Big Ben. Hotel Clean, Stylish & Excellent Facilities. Service Was Second To None. Couldn't Do Enough For Us. To Save Us Queuing For Breakfast, The Host Escorted Us To Executive Suite For Some First Class Dining. We Were Also Upgraded On Arrival To A Superior Suite Without Request! Definitely Stopping Again When We Return To London. 5 Stars =0)

Room Tip: High Floor - Better Views
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dean C

Thank you very much for pointing out the "First Class Dining" experience that you have felt in our Club Lounge. It is exactly this kind of experience we want our guests to have here at Park Plaza County Hall.

We too look forward to your next visit!