“Theatre Break”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #241 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Booked this break for my partners 50th birthday the Hotel up graded our room and sent up some wine. the staff could not do enough for us. They made us feel so special we could not ask for any more. we will never forget this break thank you so much.

Room Tip: tell the what you need
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald1461
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Gerald1461,

Thank you for your review!

I am pleased that you had a great stay with us while celebrating your partners 50th Birthday.

It's also amazing to read that you will never forget your experience with us!!!

We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Emily Abbam

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had initially booked a single room for myself through an agency than I contacted the hotel to ask for double bed as my wife would coming with me. I was proposed an upgrade to junior suite at a discounted price even though, as I found out later, the hotel is almost full which was very nice of them.

Upon arrival we were greeted with smiling faces and everything was taken care of swiftly. As we were checking in early the room was not yet ready which is normal we had lunch in a very nice restaurant near the hotel and by the time we got back the room was ready.

The hotel is located at the center of London near the main attractions, London eye, house of parliaments, Buckingham palace, etc. are just a small walk away.

We stayed for 6 days and we never had to complain about anything the room was always properly cleaned, the service was second to none. I rarely gets impressed with hotel services but these guys really impressed me.

The WIFI is free but you have to register your email for 24 hours access at low speed which can be renewed for free for 4 days after that you must pick a paid bundle.

I would definitely recommend it for business or leisure and for sure I would chose it if I go back to London.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick C
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

chkaiban

Many thanks for taking the time to post your honest review and sharing your experience here at Park Plaza County Hall.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations. I am even more delighted to see we have maintained the consistency of excellent service delivery throughout the 6 nights you stayed. It is this commitment to excellence that sets us apart from the other multitude of hotels here in London.

We are thrilled you are already considering us again for you return visit and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

stayed here in January,two adults and two small children,we stayed in the studio rooms,found the room clean,comfortable with nice decor!
please be aware the pull out sofa be very uncomfortable,I may aswell slept on the floor!!! it really was the worst sleep I've had..

location is fantastic,right by all the main attractions.
breakfast was amazing,very little wait!!

overall I would stay here again(just not on the sofa bed)..

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank jonesy_newtra
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

jonesy_newtra

I am delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at Park Plaza County Hall. I am happy to see that you really did enjoy the great service and facilities we are all so proud of.

Thank you again and please do come back and see us!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Thanks so much for making my daughter's 10th birthday celebration such a huge success. The upgrade was beyond our wildest dreams. Coupled with the kids' goody 'money', the wine, the balloons, the drinks and snacks - you kept on surprising us! All delivered with a smile and aplomb. What a wonderful trip - one we'll never forget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Sarah M

Thank you very much for sharing your warm experiences here at Park Plaza County Hall. I am delighted to see you have acknowledged our family friendly attitude towards our guests. Here at County Hall we are very much aware even the little ones need to have fun in hotels!

The team and I are delighted you have carried with you such beautiful memories. We certainly hope to see you again when you celebrate the next special event.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely Hotel Located Just Two Minutes From London Eye & Big Ben. Hotel Clean, Stylish & Excellent Facilities. Service Was Second To None. Couldn't Do Enough For Us. To Save Us Queuing For Breakfast, The Host Escorted Us To Executive Suite For Some First Class Dining. We Were Also Upgraded On Arrival To A Superior Suite Without Request! Definitely Stopping Again When We Return To London. 5 Stars =0)

Room Tip: High Floor - Better Views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dean C

Thank you very much for pointing out the "First Class Dining" experience that you have felt in our Club Lounge. It is exactly this kind of experience we want our guests to have here at Park Plaza County Hall.

We too look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Located on the Southbank, Right across the street from the London Eye, just across the bridge from Big Ben, so close to multiple underground stations this is the perfect place to launch your London vacation. We stayed in the standard room knowing most of our 4 days would be packed with activities so we did not care about a view or upgraded amenities. Yet the hotel even at its basic level has clean, attractive, comfortable, and amenity filled rooms. Little kitchenettes allow you to bring in late night snacks or early morning breakfast foods you can purchase from the 24 hour convenience store just across the street. That includes wine and spirits purchases and there even is a corkscrew in the room for that! Beds are comfortable, room is modern. Hotel restaurant decent. Only complaint is that temperature control is limited. It was so warm, even in December. No historic feel but who cares. The Tower of London is right down the Thames from your front door! Staff is pleasant and helpful. Concierge services excellent. Families, you can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Only upgrade if you insist on a view. Basic level rooms are superb for a busy tourists needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vlh57

vlh57

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall .I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. All our rooms are indeed well equipped to suit every single guest.

I am sorry though to see you found the room a tad too warm. Each room is set at ambient temperature, and this can be adjusted to +/-5C. However, should this still prove to be insufficient we can always, upon request, remotely adjust the temperature either way. Perhaps you will find this helpful next time you visit us?

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was looking for a hotel to stay at that is near the National Theatre as i often go there. I found The Park Plaza County Hall is only about 11 minutes away and I liked the look of it online so picked this hotel. Now that I have found this hotel I will definitely go back again and again. The staff were extremely helpful and polite, we were upgraded to the Penthouse suite, and after staying in it,next time when I book to stay here I will book one of the Penthouse suites, the views from the suites are perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay at,it's 5 star at its best.

• Stayed: January 2014
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Sinead S,

WOW!!!

What a top review!!! 5 Star service is what we aim for and we want all our guests to feel like they have had an amazing stay!

I am pleased that you will stay with us again and book a Penthouse Suite.

Do not hesitate to contact anyone directly when you are next looking to book.

Emily Abbam