“Mr”

GreenLeadersGold level
Southport, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel close to Waterloo. Food was fabulous. Room was nice but shower screen was worse than useless bathroom floor really wet after shower. All staff were very helpful and foreign. £125 per night for B&B in central London is pretty reasonable I think. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Funtime56

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am thrilled you found everything to your satisfaction. We really try and give value to our guests, and I agree, £125 B&B in central London is indeed an amazing deal!

Please visit us again when your travels bring you back to London.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northport, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location- staff here is top-notch. We had stayed in penthouses 1401 & 1402. Both rooms are extremely soundproof with views of Big Ben, Waterloo station and close ups of the penthouses of their sister hotel. Each have one bathroom, kitchens with a minibar fridge with a small space for storing your own food. They have an 2 not terribly large televisions, an electric kettle, Nespresso machine, microwave, pull out sofa bed and access to a fantastic concierge lounge. They provide daily Elemis grooming products such as a nail kit, sewing kit, dental kit and shaving kit. 1402 offers a private master bedroom, a terrace that runs the length of the penthouse but is only accessible from the living room- so when you want to hear Big Ben ring- everyone runs to open
that one double door. 1401 has an open plan with a huge wrap around terrace that you can run around. It offers sweeping views of Waterloo station but further away from Big Ben. It really is interesting watching the train activity without hearing a sound. 1401 does have an odd layout with the kitchen smack dab in the middle of the room. It also has a large triangular shaped leather couch behind a semi wall that is located in the corner for window viewing? My son loved sleeping on it. And probably the biggest difference is 1401 had no heat. They quickly offered a free-standing heater which tells me this wasn't a surprise- so definitely ask if this has been corrected. The other glitch was when we switched rooms- the staff neglected to move our bags as promised. When we returned to the old room, we had key access to the room to retrieve our luggage- yet it was set up for the new guests (chocolates, snacks and a card). The spa here is just a therapy room in the gym. There is free laundry in the basement with a key card, bring your own detergent.

• Stayed November 2013
57alisonm

I am delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at Park Plaza County Hall.

I am so happy to read the kind words. We have 7 suites in the property in total, all with different configurations and views to carter to the different tastes or our guests. I am delighted you liked yours.

I apologise the heating in the room was not working, and that there was a delay in moving your luggage to a different room. I am however delighted to realise these were resolved to your satisfaction and did not spoil your otherwise excellent experience.

Thank you again and we hope you come back and try the other penthouse suites too!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here from November 19 - 22, 2013 with my friend based from the recommendation from our friend. I came from Singapore and went directly to our hotel. We got there by 9 and was quite surprised that our room was ready. After a fast and efficient check in we were whisked away to our room. The room is clean and tidy. Wifi (free) connection in our room was also very fast. But we were disappointed with the bathroom. It was super clean but the shower and the bathtub used a very tiny glass that barely covered the shower. Resulting in our bathroom being flooded after we took shower. There is an iron board inside the room (which is good). The location of the hotel is also another bonus point for us. 5 minutes walk to Waterloo station (both the tube and the nation railway). 5 minutes walk to London Eye and 10 minutes walk to Westminster Bridge. The staffs were also very friendly and very helpful. They attend to your requests in a very fast and efficient ways. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MikieMikey

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. I am sorry about the faulty bathroom door, which resulted in your room being flooded. This should have been picked up prior to your arrival, but thank you for highlighting this to us.

I have passed on your kind words to our team at the hotel who I am sure will appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Essex,UK
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Arrived with 4 friends, to celebrate one of the chaps birthday. I had email prior to our visit, and told them about the "special" birthday, and when we checked in, the receptionist asked who's birthday it was, then made a fuss of the birthday boy!! We all had lovely rooms, with the birthday boy having balloons, a card and wine left for him!! They also had a view out over the Eye.
The other 4 of us had 2 really nice rooms, with a lounge area, two tvs, kitchenette area. None of us could fault the rooms, and when asked for extra milk and coffee, it was given with no fuss.Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I can see how the atrium view rooms could be noisier, biut a lot of hotels seem to have this arrangement now.
Breakfast was good, however they seemed to be a little slow to replenish plates, milk, so foods etc, and like someone else said, you needed asbestos hands to handle the "warmed" plates!!
All staff, except for one "porter" who was very "off" when I asked a question, were absolutely lovely.
Fabulous position, and we really couldn't fault our stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room with an outside view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Ctietjen

Thank you for such wonderful feedback!

Our guests are what matters the most to us. We genuinely love to exceeded expectations, and I am delighted the choice of Park Plaza County Hall for you and your mates proved to be an excellent one!

I trust we will be top of your list next time another birthday is around the corner. All the best from the entire team at Park Plaza County Hall and we look forward to your return visit.

Guest Relations Manger
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

on 15th November 2013, 14 of us came to London for a works day/night out. The hotel was everything we could of asked for and more. Andre and his team were so welcoming and lovely on arrival. All the staff were smiling, happy and could not help us enough (we didn't even press our own buttons for the lift). The gentleman outside were always welcomed, and sorted cabs for us with a minutes notice.

The rooms were beautiful, spotlessly clean and looked lovely. one of the girls and forgotten toothpaste and another a toothbrush and it took all of 15 seconds for someone to come knocking on our door with both! A staff member came and made up the sofa bed for us perfectly, and we left for the dungeons (which are brilliant and right round the corner)

On our return, everybody was so welcoming again and after freshening up, we all went for a drink in the bar before we left for a restaurant. The bar/ waiting staff were attentive and kind, and the complimentary nuts and popcorn were gorgeous (i need to know where they're from!)

We all went out for the night, and a few of us came back around 1am for a drink at the bar, which again was a great atmosphere and service. Room service is available in your room 24 hours and the food is delicious (we had pizza and fish finger sandwiches which were delicious)

the breakfast was delicious. They never ran out of a thing and were even topping up coffee without you having to move.

All in all, we had an absolutely brilliant stay and i would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! The service is second to none.

Thank you so much for looking after us so well while we were there.

All of the team at Adele Carr

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Alicia L

Thank you soooo much for such words of praise regarding our high standards of service. Our utmost reward is indeed to hear our guests satisfied and the team and I are absolutely thrilled you have found us excellent in every aspect of your visit.

Thank you also for recommend Park Plaza County Hall to your colleagues, friends and family. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Blessing Tavaya,

Doncaster
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nothing to complain about with the hotel in the slightest. From checking in to leaving the next morning the whole experience was a delight. I stayed in a studio room and it was fantastic with a great view and everything i could need or want within the room.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dickieright

Thank you for your time in sharing this spot-on review!

Best wishes from the entire team at Park Plaza County Hall and we invite you to visit us again very soon!

Yorkshire
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Room was clean and tidy but the bathroom had faults which although did not detract from our stay should have been spotted by staff. I basically was doing their job by suggesting that the showerhead be cleaned or replaced so it acted like a rainfall rather than spurting out at all angles. The soap tray in the shower needed refixing as it was hanging loose and the rod was missing from the pop-up plug. I wouldn't have bothered to mention these items but a housekeeping manager was in the room when we returned and asked if everything was Ok. She was most attentive and got on to maintenance who called me and I advised them what was required but I requested they do it after we had checked out the next day.

Breakfast was taken mid session and quite disappointing. I know it is difficult for restaurants but I have had much better meals in far cheaper establishments. Be wary of the plate heater which could burn as it had clearly been turned on early and left on high. Oven gloves needed to handle plates.

Chef was great, selected warm plates. Eggs fried to perfection. Black pudding was dry and tasteless.

Italian dinner - tiramisu recipe had vital ingredient missing - Marsala. If it was there it couldn't be tasted. We sent it back.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place to stay and the views great (we were happy overlooking Waterloo with the Shard and Canary Wharf in the distance), but one would expect a little more attention to detail for the price.

Other contributors have complained about allocation of internal rooms which the Management have been too polite to point out that the information is there online. "Some of them with atrium view".

Also, whilst it does say "superior room", that really is a misnomer as it is the lowest class of room available. I wonder if PP can say what it is superior to.

Floor to ceiling windows are great.

Recommend the express online checkout but make sure you do it as the very last thing you do.

Let me be a mystery shopper PP!

Room Tip: Read the room description carefully before you book. Nothing is hidden but too many people fail to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorksgent

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your stay with us at Park Plaza County Hall.

Please accept my deepest apologies for what might have looked like a lack of caring and attention here at the property. I am highly concerned to read of your disappointment with your breakfast experience and the maintenance issues you experienced with your room and I am sorry too that the meal you had in the restaurant did not suit your taste. This is clearly unacceptable, and as you rightly point out, should have been picked up prior to your arrival and also during your stay.

We call our rooms 'Superior Doubles' simply because they are more spacious than what you would ordinarily find in other hotel standard double rooms. In addition, they are generously equipped with other amenities such as minibars, microwaves and various crockery for self service.

Your experience runs contrary to the views expressed by may of our guests. We however know that we can never rest on our laurels and it is through valuable feedback such as yours that points us in areas where we need to improve. Please rest assured that your comments have already been followed up directly by the team. Once again, I am grateful for your time and effort in writing this review. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on btavaya@pphe.com to arrange a more impressive second visit.