“Great hotel, great location”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #230 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Maryland
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here last summer. Before leaving the US, I emailed the concierge and he was able to arrange transportation from Heathrow for us - our driver was waiting for us as we got off the plane. Our rooms were nice and comfortable, complete with a min-fridge, two flat panel TVs, fast wi-fi, and a great shower. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast had a variety of good food, and the common areas were always immaculate. Only a short walk to the Westminster Bridge with great views of the Houses of Parliament. Also a very short walk to the South Bank and the London Eye, as well as Waterloo Station. They really took care of us. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
JimRMaryland,

I am happy that you felt looked after and cared for during your recent stay with us.

I am also pleased that our Concierge team helped arrange transportation for you when you arrived in the UK.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for one night in July so we could attend a one off screening at the BFI, and I was extremely impressed with every aspect of our stay, from the friendly and courteous staff to the well thought out rooms. We were upgraded on arrival to a junior suite, which was beautifully spacious, with a view towards the London eye. Despite the hotel's very central location, the room was virtually silent, so along with an extremely comfortable bed. a good night's sleep was enjoyed by both of us. The rooms have beautiful bathrooms with complementary Elemis toiletries, a small kitchenette with a Nespresso machine, fluffy robes and slippers...so just about everything you might need. There are also lots of lovely little touches, which are often missed in hotel rooms, such as a magnifying make up mirror and a bathroom cabinet for your toiletries etc. Highly recommended and practically perfect in every way.

Room Tip: We booked through booking.com and were upgraded, so it's worth a try! The rooms on the higher fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
karenmanghan,

'Practically perfect in every way' - WOW! Great!!!

So happy you had a stay that exceeded your expectations and left a lasting great memory of our hotel and your trip!

I do hope this means you will be coming back!?

Thank you again!

London
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had great experience in this hotel this summer. We stayed for 8 nights. I decided to book this one after checking out 9 hotels in central London. I actually went to see each one of them... Eventually we booked the accessible junior suite of this hotel. It was the right choice!

The service is good. We encountered some minor problems over the week and the maintenance team were there immediately. We were suprised!

Everyone was friendly. Service was one of the best!

Just a few suggestions to the hotel and reminder to future guests.

1. Rubbish bins are too small for disabled guests. (I'm sure most of the London hotels haven't learned that.)

2. The concierge trolley were too few. On the check out day, we had lots to pack, as we had some equipments and large rubbish bins! The guy insisted that he had to take the trolley back down to the lobby. At the end, we had to hand carry many things, even on the wheelchair. When we went down, we can see the trolley being occupied with our boxes!

All in all, it's a great hotel and I highly recommed it for disabled guests.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to the suite. Good value for that price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Londononwheels,

I think we may have met up when you were looking into hotels - if not, I'm sorry if I am mistaken!

I am very pleased you were able to enjoy your stay with us in one of our Junior Suites and that it suited you and your husbands needs perfectly - apart from the rubbish bin - I will pass on your feedback to the relevant department, thank you.

I hope you are able to stay with us again and I wish you a great Summer!

chester
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just back from 2 excellent nights at the Park Plaza for a combined business/theatre trip. From the minute we arrived we were struck by the genuine warmth of the staff, every one of whom looked after us superbly - a rarely thoughtful, personal style in a large big city hotel. We were upgraded on arrival to an 8th Floor Studio room which was comfortable, well air conditioned and completely quiet despite overlooking the Waterloo Station platforms! Great, comfortable bed for a good night's sleep and cosy bathrobes/slippers all part of the package. The Nespresso machine in the room was also a welcome touch. Excellent value for money and a brilliant location for some of London's biggest sights and of course the South Bank theatres/galleries. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a Thames side room - the views must be great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
brynsdad,

I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us for a welcomed break in the City (albeit form business), combined with a trip to the West End!

I do hope you are able to return for yet another exciting stay with us.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Prior to booking I had read some less than favourable reviews, but I have to say I completely disagree with them. I would highly recommend this hotel. The reception staff and concierge were lovely and very helpful. The public toilet areas, outside the restaurant and health club were immaculate. Our bedroom was excellent. As we had a family room we had loads of space, with a lovely "kitchenette" area, with a microwave, sink and fridge. The bathroom was huge with not only a bath tub but a double sized shower too. The breakfast was awesome and when we visited children had breakfast for free. The only negative was the soundproofing of the bedrooms. This did not disturb us, however, you could quite clearly hear children next door (and they were not being noisy children) and as we were in the atrium above the restaurant, we could hear the clinking of crockery at 7am prepping for breakfast! As I say, this did not disturb us, and I wouldn't let it put me off booking here again, however, if you are a light sleeper or if you get a nightmare neighbour you may have a different experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DollyJ32,

I quite disagree with all our less than favourable reviews also and I am pleased you agree!!!

What a lovely review to read and I am pleased that you and your family had a great stay with us.

I appreciate the feedback with regards to the noise you experienced and this will be addressed. We do have rooms that are situated away from the main atrium and therefore may be better for lighter sleepers, but we always try and ensure a quiet and peaceful atmosphere is maintained.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed 7 nights with my children in the hottest July in the recent history of GB. Air conditioning came in handy,

Upon arrival, we were surprised to hear that they didn't have a room for us for the whole 7 nights, although we had booked the hotel 6 months before via booking.com. After some talking, the receptionist offered us 3 nights in the room we had paid for and then upgrade us to a room with a London Eye view with sincere apologies, which we obviously accepted. Her name was Alicia and she was very kind.

The hotel is close to the London Eye, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament and between two underground stations. It offers a mini-kitchen with microwave and mini fridge plus ironing board and iron. This helped us save some money by doing some of our own cooking.

Some aspects which some other reviewers here complained about did not bother us at all. We always had breakfast before 9, so we never had to wait in lines. After 9, though, we did see long lines of people waiting to be seated. But the food was great, with juices, bread, cereal, fresh fruits... I liked it a lot. Plus, there were newspapers we could choose from. Also, we had a room near the elevators and were not bothered by noises of people outside. We could occasionally hear some talking, but very rarely. The room was extremely quiet and the bed was great. The sofa-bed, on the other hand, was a bit lumpy, but we were always so tired after a busy day that we slept soundly every night.

The shower floor was definetly poorly designed, since water flooded the bathroom floor every time. But not a major problem for us and we eventually learned how to let less water leak.

Upon check-out we were surprised to see many items we had not consumed from the mini-bar in our account. But they were removed from the bill as soon as I let them know we had not taken them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Travelmomwith2,

Thank you for your review! We have had great weather recently and we do hope it continues into August!

I am pleased my colleague Alicia was able to rectify any problems with your reservation upon check in and as well give you an upgrade to one of our rooms overlooking the London Eye.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the shower. This will be passed on to our Maintenance team and we are pleased we could remove the charges for the mini bar - sometimes items can be moved accidently and therefore automatically appear on the bill.

We hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Northwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Beautiful hotel, Plenty of room. We had a suite with kitchen, lounge area, bedroom area and 2 TV's. Brilliant to have a fridge in room as it was a very hot weekend. Bottles of water were supplied free of charge, Air com was a must. Added touch of sleepers and dressing gown supplied in the evening.
Hotel was within minutes walk of London eye and across the bridge to Trafalgar square with all the theatres. There are plenty of places to eat and drink, and local shops to purchase snacks/drinks for your room. Breakfast was self serve and a huge variety to choose from. We left our luggage at the hotel for the day after checking out in the morning and collected it later in the afternoon, which frees you up to look around London. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 629 faces out towards the London eye and was very peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kay P
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Kay P,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and your stay.

I do hope you are able to let your friends and family know where to come and stay when they are in London!!!