“Great location.”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #234 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just enjoyed a 3 night stay, booked 2 rooms . No problem with giving us 2 rooms next to each other. Studio rooms were very clean, plenty of storage, small kitchenette and comfy beds. Had rooms on the 6th floor and even though the road outside was quite busy we heard no noise at all . Very happy with our choice of hotel which we booked from Australia and would recommend to family and friends wanting to stay within walking distance to a lot of attractions and very close to Waterloo train station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill.Nes
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Bill.Nes,

I am pleased we were able to accommodate your request of having two rooms next to each other and that you were pleased with us as a choice of hotel in a great part of London.

We hope you are able to make the long journey back to London again in the future and if so, come back and stay with us!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,862)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently spent a family weekend in London and stayed in this hotel which is the smaller and lesser of the two Plaza hotels at Westminster. It is a very busy hotel as you would expect in May. The queue for reception was unacceptably long and the wait for the lifts was ridiculous at times. Some of the staff seemed to be quite poorly trained while others where good. Not consistent. Studio rooms are clean and comfortable. The adjacent Plaza Westminster bridge is newer bigger and better. We know we stayed there recently.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David C

Dave381381,

I am sorry to read that you did not have a completely positive first stay with us. I will pass on you feedback to the relevant department to ensure we can address these areas highlighted in your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact anyone of the team if you do decide to stay again so we can ensure a better stay is had next time. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for 2 days at the Park Plaza Country Hall, and we had a very good stay. We especially found the staff most pleasant and helpful. This hotel is extremely centrally located and near almost all attractions. We were able to walk to almost everywhere we wanted to go, which was great. All in all we would certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave F

Dave F,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel and found it to be excellent. Not only was it in a convenient position and close to a lot of the sites and attractions but the room we had was very clean and comfortable. We had a fabulous view of Big Ben and The London Eye. The staff were very friendly and helpful. "James" on reception was particularly helpful when we booked in. All in all it was a great place to stay and we will certainly stay there again next time we come to London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CCH02

CCH02,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that my colleague James had a great impact on your stay and I will let him know.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you do decide to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just returned from another excellent stay at the Park Plaza. This was, I think, our 5th
stay at this hotel and each time has been faultless. We have been very fortunate to have stayed in a Penthouse Suite twice (once on New Year's Eve which was amazing to watch the fireworks) and the other on our wedding anniversary. This last visit we had a London Eye view which we enjoyed very much. We like to stay at this hotel because of the following reasons -

1. Professional staff
2. Location of the hotel
3. Very clean and well appointed rooms
4. Excellent room service

Although the room rates are not cheap I think you get what you pay for especially compared to other central London hotels.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a special occasion or to see the London sights.

Room Tip: London Eye view rooms are a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heartbeat121

AMP1471,

I am sooo pleased to read that you have enjoyed yet another great stay with us!!!

It's also nice to hear that you have been able to stay in our Penthouse Suites for two special occassions.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon for yet another fantastic stay!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My mom and I had booked a Superior room (with two twin beds) at the Park Plaza County Hall hotel for our last night in London.

The hotel is very close to the Waterloo tube station (though we got off at the Westminster station in error and had to walk across Westminster bridge with our suitcases). We went to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge location at first, and then got pointed in the right direction (right across a street). We arrived around 2:30pm on a Friday. Check-in is at 3pm, and our room was not ready yet. We were invited to leave our luggage with the concierge and then come back in 30 to 40 minutes. I partially checked in (ie. provided a credit card and authorized a $25 "hold"), but was not given the room card.

40 minutes later, we returned to complete check-in. We left our luggage with the concierge to bring up to our room for us. Our room was on the 9th floor. Upon entry in the room, we now knew to insert our room card in a slot by the door to activate the power.

Our room was gorgeous. We entered the bedroom area, that contained a double-bed, a wardrobe, a small TV, and a small vanity (with seat). The next area had the bathroom (with separate tub & shower) and the kitchenette area (with Nespresso machine, mini-fridge, kettle, and dishes. The last area was the living room/office. It had a sofa bed and desk with a larger tv. I had been told to call housekeeping (dial zero on the phone) to have the sofa bed made up.

The room overlooked the train station and The Shard, though we couldn't hear any noise. The air conditioning worked very well too.

When I called housekeeping to have the sofa bed made up, I was told someone would be up shortly. 40 minutes later, no one had arrived. We had been waiting to go out, so I called again. Someone did come shortly after the second call, and the sofa bed was quickly made up. A few minutes after housekeeping left, we got a call asking us to confirm the sofa bed had been made up and seeing if we needed anything else. That was nice.

We left the room shortly after that to go on the London Eye (which was a couple minutes walk away), and then went to dinner down at Gabriel's Wharf (about a 20 minute walk from the hotel). When we got back to the room, housekeeping came by again to set up the sofa bed. Not sure what happened there.

We went to the mezzanine level the next morning for breakfast. It was buffet style, with assorted hot and cold dishes. I think it may have been the most expensive meal of our entire trip. A little over-priced, but consistent with hotel pricing.

Check-out was at noon, which was handy as our flight (out of Heathrow) wasn't until 4:15 pm. At check-out, I asked what type of room we had been given, and the front desk staff confirmed we had been upgraded two room categories to an Executive Studio room. My thanks to them for that - it was a great end to our vacation.

I would recommend staying here, but would suggest having breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Popcorned,

Thank you for your review!

I am glad that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you loved the room with a great view overlooking some of London's finest landmarks!

I do hope you are able to stay with us again when you are next in London!

Kind regardsa,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Everything about the hotel and my stay was wonderful - the room was new, well decorated, spotless and comfortable. The hotel location is really convenient, both for sightseeing but also if you are visiting the Whitehall area. The Waterloo tube and train station is less than 5 minutes' walk - the Bakerloo line that took me straight to Paddington and then Heathrow was really convenient. All staff were really friendly, both at reception and in the restaurant. I never saw the people who kept the rooms so wonderfully clean - no idea when they managed to tidy up the rooms. The breakfast was good, although nothing spectacular. A real 4 star experience and my only (really minor) recommendation would be to start stocking some better quality toiletries.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Irina I
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Irina I,

Thank you for your wonderful review and very nice comments with regards to the team working at Park Plaza County Hall. Everyone here was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, rest assured that I have shared your suggestion with regards to the rooms' amenities with our Executive Housekeeper as we are always striving to make our product and service even better.

We hope to see you again when you are next in London!

Best wishes,