“Good”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #244 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We didn't have this on our shortlist of where to stay, but when we couldn't book where we first wanted we came here and were very pleased with the result. We'd certainly consider returning.

There seems to be a danger that this one will be over-shadowed by its newer neighbour Park Plaza Westminster and there is a danger of confusing the two.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Member_member,

It’s great to hear we were a pleasant surprise for you! Thank you for your review and recommendations.

We hope to see you again when you are next in London.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,703)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Park Plaza County Hall three times now, each time a different type of room.
All were of a good standard, the hotel is very convenient for the West End and Southbank.
The only downside to this hotel is that breakfast was rather poor, but the room standard made up for the disappointment.
I would stay here again, and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: The suites with a kitchenette are very good value and give you heaps more room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Danny10779,

Thank you for your review and continuous loyalty. I am happy to know you always enjoy your stay with us, but please accept my apologies for your breakfast experience and rest assured that I will be addressing this with our Food and Beverage Manager.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Park Plaza County Hall.
Right next door to the larger Park Plaza Westminster where I stayed last time.

Lobby: Too small

Check In: Unremarkable. No welcome 'Club Carlson Elite member' etc.
Asked for quiet room away from elevators, ice machine etc.... Was assigned a room adjacent to both.
Back down to lobby for room change #1.

Spoke to Guest Relations, who assigned me an upgraded studio room, but the bed is right next to the entry door and the lounge area is on the outside wall furthest away from the corridor noise.
Who designed this? how about switching them round?
It was a Friday and they told me they were full, so I agreed to stay there that night and be moved next day.

Well I was right, the noise early next morning was truly awful....in fact the guy next door left his crying infant in a stroller outside my door, while he got his luggage and other family members out, all the time yelling instructions. Oh man, have these people ever stayed in a Hotel before?
Not the Hotel's fault of course, but all adds to the general impression.

Room Change #2.
At breakfast upon being asked, I happened to mention the problem to the charming Renata, who immediately donned her service hat, took my room number and had me moved to a room with the reverse configuration.
Nice! what a difference, and saved me another front desk trip.
Renata 10/10

Breakfast: Good. Selection of everything you could want.
Cooked to order items etc.

Room: Very well equipped.
Nice mini kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, good selection of teas, coffee, useable fridge area for your own items.
In room Safe for valuables.
Bed: US size is Jnr Queen I would estimate. Comfortable, nice linens, pillow choices etc
TV's x 2. Flat screen in lounge, smaller unit in bedroom.
Room Wifi: Good signal.
Bathroom. Excellent. Granite, modern, rain shower head, quality personal care amenities.

Location: Excellent, I love being just on S. side of the river just far enough away from the crowds.....but walk across the pedestrian bridge to Charing Cross Station / Strand. Mins away from London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Covent Gdn, great free art at the National Gallery Trafalgar Sqr...what more could you want.

Elevators: Too small for Hotel capacity. Often out of order - wait times.

Concierge: He did well with my bus test, pulling up the correct web page and handled my questions very well - 8/10

Stay again? Yes
US rating: 4*
Customer service: 7/10
Value: 7/10

Room Tip: Just keep asking politely until you get what you want. Always sign up for Hotel Loyalty program. A...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hawaii_son,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to ready you enjoyed most of your time at our hotel and I am extremely happy with the service delivered by my colleague Renata. She is indeed a real asset for our company. I would like to apologies however that for the discomfort caused by the rooms initially allocated to you and rest assured that we have already taken note of your preferences.

I am as well glad to hear you will stay with us again as we want to prove you that we can indeed deliver a 10/10 service at Park Plaza County Hall.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were lucky enough to have a penthouse suite for 2 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday and positioning was important as we had several central London outings planned.
The location is superb, close to the Thames and Westminster Bridge for strolling in the sun and enjoying the tourist ambience.
The suite was spacious with its own balcony so not only did we have suoerb views of the London Eye / Big Ben etc. but we also enjoyed sitting out looking down on the hustle and bustle below.
We booked breakfast in the room which arrived punctually and was well presented.
The staff were very efficient and friendly.
All in all this was just a wonderful visit to a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the Thames river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve L,

Thank you for your review. It’s fantastic to know that “this was just a wonderful visit to a great hotel”! We wanted to ensure your wife would have a memorable birthday with us, so it’s great this was indeed achieved.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night with two young children. Booked an Executive studio room 'family fun in the city' package. Room was clean and spacious and had great view over the city. Loved the fluffy bathrobe and slippers. The stay however was let down by the elevators which in the morning were very busy and we had to wait for ages. In the end I decided to carry my child and pushchair down 9 flights of stairs as we wanted to go out before check out and we were wasting a lot of time waiting for a lift. I believe there are more elevators but these are currently out of order! Also if you wanted to avoid the revolving door to the hotel, as I did with a pushchair, the button to open the other door did not work so you had to push the door really hard if the doorman was busy. Not great when you have small children and luggage. The room was great, most of the staff friendly but the accessibility needs improving!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Applepip67,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know you found most of your stay with us to be enjoyable and that you loved our family rooms and its facilities. However, I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences experienced with regards to the hotel’s accessibility and rest assured that our Chief Engineer is currently working to improve this area as a matter of urgency.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our second visit to Park Plaza County Hall, our first being in November 2011.
This hotel is only minutes from Waterloo station and a short stroll across the road to the County Hall and the river Thames. The position of this hotel and it's proximity to the main tourist sights (i.e. Houses of Parliament, Westminster Bridge, London Eye, Aquarium, etc) is wonderful. Not too far to walk to Whitehall, Downing Street, Admiralty Arch and Trafalgar Square either.
Shopping wise, Oxford Street and Regent's Street are not too far either, though I would suggest going there by Tube as the walking involved shopping is very tiring. :+)
For visiting a few places in one day the Tube is fantastic.
The rooms are very clean and modern. We just had a standard room for 2, but there were still facilities for bringing food back if desired. We had a small fridge, mini bar, microwave, kettle, cups plates, glasses, ice bucket, (Ice machine was near by on landing) bowls, and cutlery. Even a tea towel and washing up liquid was provided.
There is also an ironing board, iron, free easy to use safe, magnifying mirror, flat screen TV, telephone and free WIFI provided.
Three glass lifts service the 13 floors and they run up and down the interior of the building and over looking the Mezzanine.
The breakfast was self service buffet and very, very good. There was sausage, bacon, scrambled and fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns etc as well as cereals, cheeses, cooked meats, fresh fruit, yoghurts and juices. All extremely good. I think it was priced at £13.50 pp, but ours was priced in our package of Bed and Breakfast.
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the tourist area of London. The hotel was been very, very pleasant and not at all noisy on either occasion we stayed.
The staff were helpful too on the occasions we needed them.
Go stay, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room, hopefully you might get a great view of London.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lemonmerangue

Dear Lemonmerangue,

Thank you for your very detailed review, as well as for being a loyal guest for Park Plaza County Hall. I am very happy to hear you had a great stay with us and can’t wait to see you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went there for a couple of days with family for a trip in London. Room was noisy (just above the restaurant and breakfast area) Wifi wasn’t available everywhere in the room. City view despite written in the reservation was not the expected one.
Apart from that, service was good.

Room Tip: Request top floor rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sebastien P,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and would like to apologies for all discomfort caused during your stay. With regards to the room view, please note that all rooms with City View face areas such as the Shard, Canary Wharf, St. Paul’s, etc. On your next stay with us do not hesitate to ask our Reservations Team for the exact view you wish like to have from you room and we will be more than happy to help you book the perfect room for you.

I hope that on your next stay with us, we will not only meet, but exceed all your expectations.