Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #242 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a large chain hotel it's hard to fault, I stayed just one night so not a thorough examination but I was welcomed outside, check in / check out were efficient and the room was large and comfortable.

Personally I prefer more character when travelling for fun but that's not what this hotel is about.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Citywurzel,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,691)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the check out the service was fantastic, the staff was ever so polite, professional,with the smile on the face and generally always ready to help. The room was very clean and gorgeous, with a wonderful view! Breakfast was great, good quality food, excellent service!
The bar is very good too, I will reccomand you a Bloody Mary, spiced one! If you can handle it. :) I have nothing but great comments about the Hotel and the staff, already planning our next stay!

1  Thank MNMiky

Dear MNMiky,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Let us know when you are staying next, as we will be happy to make all necessary arrangements for you.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having been upgraded to an executive suite, it would be churlish to grumble about the view - it did contain the Shard but also a lot of Waterloo station. Although, I began to find the trains quite hypnotic after 4 days... The room had a bedroom area separated by a a central tv/desk combo and there was a kitchenette with fridge, kettle, microwave and pod espresso machine which for coffee lovers/addicts like us, was excellent. The bathroom had bath and separate shower and the wardrobe was a decent size.

The location was ideal for us with the southbank, tate modern and westminster all very close. We had a breakfast box delivered to the room one morning and thought it was pretty good value - of course the espressos made all the difference to our enjoyment of breakfast. We'll definitely consider staying there again. Only reason for 4/5 is big anonymous hotels have to be spectacularly good for me to rate 5.

Dear lhenni,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return soon as we are ready to impress you and get those full 5 points from you 

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The room was excellent and spacious. Although we booked a basic room, we got the equivalent of a suite, with the living area separated by a walkway. The bed was really comfortable. My only gripe was that the wifi couldn't reach the room. I would say here again. Excellent price also. I paid £150 for 3 persons through zuji. The location was convenient with the London Eye being walking distance and the metro just a block away.

Dear Kimerley Y,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Although we are a 4 star hotel, our aim is to always deliver a five star service, so I am glad to hear that we indeed succeeded to do so. With regards to the WiFi issue experienced, please note that we are now in the process of installing new access points to drastically improve the signal in the entire hotel.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend break for four adults for my mother's 60th birthday. I sent the hotel an email prior to travelling explaining that it was for my mother's birthday and asked for directions from Gatwick, I got a very quick reply with all the details I needed. When we arrived at the hotel my mother got a lovely welcome with staff wishing her a happy birthday. Check-in was fast and our two rooms were upgraded for free. Our rooms were also beside each other which was much appreciated. As we arrived early in the morning, our rooms were not ready but our luggage was stored away safely to let us begin sight seeing. The location of this hotel is really good, it is just minutes away from the London Eye, London Dungeon, the aquarium and Westminster Abbey. Mum got a lovely surprise when she got into her room, a bottle of wine and card was left for her. The rooms were very clean with a little kitchenette area with a microwave, kettle, fridge/minibar, cutlery and dishes. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath. The room also had a sitting area with sofa and TV. We were on the fifth floor, the view was nothing to write home about but that did not bother us. I was concerned that we would not sleep as it seemed to have a lot of traffic passing by but I pleasantly surprised that we all slept soundly with no noise. I have read a review that said that they could not get WiFi access, we did not have a problem with this all in our rooms. I have also read other reviews saying breakfast was busy, we did not experience this but perhaps this was because we had breakfast before 8. We had dinner one of the nights in the hotel as there was a voucher for 2 courses for £15.00 which was good value and the pizzas were good. We had drinks in the bar and found it strange that when we asked to get them charged to the room they said they couldn't as they would need to set up an account, even though we had given our credit card details to reception when we checked in. The lift did get very busy on Sunday around 9:45 when we were trying to check out, this would not normally annoy me but my mum has a problem with her shoulder so we found it awkward carrying our luggage down from the 5th floor. Overall, we had a great experience staying at this hotel, rooms were comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

1  Thank Bel775

Dear Bell775,

Thank you for your review and recommendations! We love making our guest’s birthdays special and memorable; therefore I am glad your mother enjoyed the little touch we had prepared for her and that you all were nicely surprised by the room upgrades! I am sorry for the misunderstanding from the bar and rest assured that this has already been dealt with.

We can’t wait to see you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here recently for a week on business, other hotels which I knew were either fully booked or not available anymore.
The hotel is in a great location, close enough for good transport links and attractions but fat enough away from the hussle of central London. I was able to walk to and from work some days, the 148 bus to victoria sufficed the other days.
Check in was smooth and efficient, room is larger than lots in London with a separate living area to the bed. Bathroom in the middle divides the two adequately. Mini bar has a fridge compartment for your water, milk, juice etc. As the bedroom side is totally away from the window, it is easy to black everything out for a really peaceful sleep.
Walk in shower is really first class - I wish more hotels would consider it.
breakfast started at 6am and was relatively quiet for 1st hour, lots of cereals, juices etc With a good selection of bacon, sausage and the other cooked items, the fried eggs are cooked to order which is also great as they are always fresh. Continental meats and cheeses also on offer as well as breads and pastries.
The bar on the ground floor is quite small but does the job. The restaurant is Italian and there was an offer on for 2 courses for £15 which is as good if not better value than many restaurants in the city. Service can be a bit slow though.
I would certainly recommend and also look to stay here again for business in London

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear msgicbear,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review about out hotel on TripAdvisor. We must admit that we are happy that you did not find availability at your usual hotel in London, and consequently gave our hotel a try. Following your excellent stay with us, I hope this is only one of many other stays at Park Plaza County Hall.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Park Plaza and will definitely be returning. We stayed for two nights to celebrate my daughters 18th and on arrival were upgraded to a studio suite - they also left a birthday card and bottle of wine in the room which was a lovely touch. The view from our room was amazing and the room had a fully equipped kitchen and lounge. All of the staff were very polite - especially the young trainee male receptionist who was very helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them all. The location is excellent for sight seeing in London.
Can't wait for our return visit in October !

Room Tip: The high floors have a better view.