“very friendly and welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza County Hall London

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #213 of 1,087 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“very friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel many times and every time you get the same friendly welcome. Would highly recommend. In great location and smaller and friednlier than it's sister hotel next door, might not be as flash as the westminster bridge PP, but I would prefer to stay at the county hall PP everytime. Food good, quiet rooms, a little noisy during school holidays, but that's to be expected. Overall recomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
sutie76,

Great to read that you consistently have a great stay with us! I will pass on your great feedback to the whole team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We first arrived and went into the main building to check in and were told that we actually got moved over to their sister building which was around the corner. It was still a nice hotel I just wish we would have got to stay in the nicer hotel but it was fine. We arrived 6 hours early and were expecting to have to drop our luggage off and come back at check-in time but they had already had our room ready! So after we checked in we found out that one of the elevators was down for maintenance, which was fine, so we had to wait a little longer. We were also told about the side elevator for when it was busy which also helped out.
The rooms were really nice and clean. The beds were comfortable and the only real complaint about the room was the shower. First, it leaked around the door that had the rubber around the edges and got the floor soaked. Second, the handle in the shower fell off from rust while I was using it making me slip and fall. I wasn't hurt but it make me wonder what would have happened to someone that wasn't so lucky.
While we were there they were renovating the night time restaurant to a new Italian themed menu. I was fine with this because most of the time we went out to eat. We were left a note saying that they did have a smaller dinner set up and we could have a voucher but we weren't able to take advantage of that.
The dinner room service was alright but even for hotel standards it wasn't really that great. The breakfast room service and the buffet were absolutely amazing! Many great options to choose from especially for the days we had been up late the night before and not wanting to go out.
This hotel is a great location from Waterloo Station to the South Bank, Parliament, Big Ben, London Eye and many other great attractions.
Overall the staff were extremely helpful and professional and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DjOracle,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay with us. We constantly want to improve and I am pleased that you were able to provide us with details of your stay so that we can rectify them.

I am pleased to read you really enjoyed your breakfast room service and the buffet and that the team were welcoming and ensured you were looked after.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back when you are next in London.

Buenos Aires
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hotel is located just a few blocks from London Eye and Waterloo Station (This is a perfect location).

It is very clean and the breakfast is great (with a lot of different things to eat).

But has a lot of low points (in my experience):

For me, it was the “lack of flexibility” that the hotel has with their guests regarding the “check in/check out” times, one of the lowest points...

I arrived at 13hs after a long flight, they told me that the check in was at 14hs...

I ask them to give me any room, but they insisted that it doesn’t have one ready and that the check in time was at 14hs…

It is hard to believe, that such a big hotel, doesn’t have one room, ready for one guest one hour earlier than scheduled…

When I finally got my room, the mini bar were stuck, I couldn’t open it.

It has that system, that if you move the door and an item change their position, appears an alarm on their computer as if you consume something (they explained to me later).

The thing was that, I didn’t consume any items of the minibar ( I couldn’t even open it…). I went out the hotel, and when I get back to my room, I found an envelope with a mail, under my door, saying that “The hotel needs a credit card to cover the expenses that you already consumed of the minibar, and that is has to be done as soon as possible. You have to contact the front desk to pay for the things you eat or drink”.

They also, sent me the same text to my TV, so when i turned on my TV set, that message appeared... It was like a trial, a chase... i have to demostrate that i was not guilty of charge, even when i didnt ate or drank nothing at all...

I went down, telling them, that I didn’t eat anything!

I explained to them, that I couldn’t even open it, so they answered me that the cause was that the computer take that movement, as an item removed…

They sent a lady to my room (really nice and polite lady), that said she was sorry for this inconvenient, as she corroborated that I didn’t eat or drink anything.

Not a big deal, but it wasn’t a good time for me…

And the “lack of time flexibility” continued when I leave…

The same thing happened to me at the check out… I asked at the front desk, if i can leave my room at 14.30hs instead of 12hs (original time for check out), because I have to be on the other side of the city for an appointment at noon).

They answered me, that "Of Course I can do that" BUT... they will charge me 12 pounds per hour…

I said, “Thanks, but no thanks”.

I have to leave early my appointment, go back to the hotel for check out, and the get back to my appointment again…

Next time in London, I will choose a different hotel.

This is not "boot camp", i was a guest, and the lack of flexibility and the way they accused me of having something of the mini bar was not nice at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LatkeDePapa
LatkeDePapa,

Thank you for your feedback.

We always endeavour to ensure our guests can check in earlier if rooms are available. I do apologise that you were not able to check in earlier than usual during that particular weekend.

We always want to receive feedback from our guests so that we can improve and I can only apologise that your experience with us this time was not what you expected. I will pass on your feedback to the relevant departments; however we do always try to ensure we remain as flexible as possible with our guests requests and do as much as we can to ensure a comfortable stay is had.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if you do decide to stay with us again in the future.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great hotel on the doorstep to everything you want to visit/see on the South Bank and in Central London, including being very handy for buses (e.g. 159 or 12) to take you swiftly into the West End from the south end of Westminster Bridge (cross over to stop on the same side as Big Ben).

Excellent quality fittings and furniture in hotel room which was really like a mini flat with 2 Tvs, kitchenette with super crockery, cutlery, glasses, microwave, coffee maker. Very attractive, well designed fitted furniture in the lounge area and a lovely white leather(ette?) sofa with attractive sidetables and lighting each end.

Comfy bed, rooms surprisingly quiet given the location. Lovely bathroom with big shower and separate bath. Nice touches were the weighing scales, towelling gown and slippers.

It was worth paying the room service charge of £3 to get breakfast in your room ( a point I picked up from other reviewers on Tripadvisor) rather than join the melee in the restaurant, it being a half term weekend and so loads of families with kids doing the breakfast buffet. My breakfast arrived on time, and was very fresh and hot.

I went for a long w/end in February 2013 and paid a very reasonable rate for my room which included the breakfast. Staff were all very courteous, considerate, polite and welcoming from the doorman, checkin staff, room service staff and maids. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again if I could get a similar special rate for the type of room.

Room Tip: If you must have a view, ask for one on the top with views across to Big Ben and the London Eye
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
marinablue,

I am so pleased to read of your great experience with us at Park Plaza County Hall.

We are in such a great location and have great rooms for our guests coming from different parts of the world to stay with us in such a great city!

Please feel free to contact us again to book yet another stay with us soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I booked this hotel through Booking.com for 11 girls on a hen weekend and even though it cost a little more than we were all wanting to pay, it was certainly worth it. We arrived at the hotel around 13.30 and thought we would check to see if it would be possible to leave our bags before heading off to lunch. Imagine our surprise when we were told that not only were all of our rooms ready but that we had all been upgraded to suites on the same floor!! The rooms are very spacious, very clean and the bathrooms, all the girls were impressed by the size of the baths and showers. The experience was topped off when we returned to lunch to find complementary bottles of wine chilling in an ice bucket waiting in our rooms with a little note from the hotel. Smooth check out in the morning and the weekend was over. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the Nations Capital, seeing the sights etc.

Room Tip: If booked through booking.com you can get really good rates on the rooms before you travel - that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
MissClairabella80,

I'm glad to read that your Hen night went off with a bang!

Great that the team were able to ensure rooms on the same floor were allocated and that some bottles of wine were left in your room complimentary to add to a perfect experience with us!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for yet another special stay!

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Great staff from reception through to waiters and bar staff. Very eager to please , good breakfast even when busy , even when dealing with guests being unreasonably awkward as we experienced at breakfast sunday morning , we were upgraded to a junior suite without asking , fabulous room and perfect location for all London has to offer , will most certainly be back in the summer .

• Stayed March 2013
DaveMather49,

Thank you for your great review!

Always lovely to read that the team were eager to please and that you loved your upgrade to one of our luxurious Junior Suites!

Come back soon!

Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here with my mum for Mother's Day weekend. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who chatted with us about our plans for the weekend and gave us some useful advice. Our room was ready at 11am which was a big bonus for us. Unfortunately, I didn't get the view of Westminster as I had requested several months ago. Our view was of Euston station but as we only stayed for one night, I didn't make a fuss.
The rooms were lovely and modern with a kitchenette and were a very ambient temperature. We had a lovely walk in shower and nice toiletries. The look and feel of the hotel were very nice.
The only downside was the breakfast. The queue at 08.30 was very long and it took ages for us to be seated. Finally we were ushered to a downstairs bar which was quite empty. Unfortunately the cooked breakfast was lukewarm and the tea was so weak, it wasn't nice.
I would stay here again but would wait to be offered a seat in the standard breakfast room.
All in all, a lovely weekend though.

Room Tip: Choose a high room with a view of Westminster or the London Eye
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
LyndaCambridge,

Happy belated Mother's Day!!!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your experience at breakfast. I will pass this on to our Food and Beverage Manager as this does not reflect our high standards at Park Plaza County Hall.

I am glad you had a great stay and we look forward to welcome you back soon.