“Best Hotel”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #243 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was pre-booked purely on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews of which we could find very few complaints. We were not disappointed - from the moment we booked in the Staff were friendly, efficient and attentive. On checking in we were upgraded to a Studio Room which was clean, comfortable and modern and had everything we needed including free WiFi. We ate in the Hotel Italian Restaurant and could not have had better service, we were seated immediately and had drinks on the table within two minutes and did not have to wait long for the food to arrive. Although not an extensive menu the food was plentiful well cooked and tasty. Again we had Breakfast in the morning and was greeted by quite a long queue, but we did not have to wait more than two or three minutes to be seated - Breakfast was quite a treat with so much variety we didn't know where to start.

Without doubt this is one of, if not the best hotel I have had the pleasure to stay in. the staff go above and beyond to be helpful and I can thoroughly recommend it if you are looking for relaxing stay in London. We are looking to book another trip to London in April and we will certainly be booking in at Park Plaza County Hall again.

If I have one very slight niggle it would be the waiting time for the lifts at busy times such as breakfast. Although the lift call buttons were lit, lifts were going past our floor in both directions and did not stop to pick us up. We were directed to a remote single lift when we questioned one of the staff and it came within seconds.

A superb experience well done Park Plaza.

2  Thank Gadget500
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Gadget500,

Waooooo I’m absolutely thrilled by your review! My team and I are extremely happy to read we are probably the best hotel you've ever stayed in! You truly made our day. Thank you!

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We re-booked Park Plaza County Hall having really enjoyed it in 2011 - and it was as good as we expected. We're already thinking of visiting again in December 2013!

We had the option of an upgrade to a junior suite (for £22 at the time) should one be available (which it was) so that was also enjoyed.

Food, drink, accommodation etc were all excellent, perhaps with the exception of breakfast in the executive suite on the second morning because it was so busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise365

Dear Louise365,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear, once again, you had a fantastic pre-Christmas break with us and can’t wait to see you again this year. For the best deals, do not hesitate to check our website of contact our Reservations Team directly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed for 5 nights in junior suite. Lovely, quiet room with separate living area, bedroom and bathroom with a kitchenette. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Small, but good gym with a couple of treadmills, couple of bikes, couple of cross trainers and one rower. Also some free weights and resistance equipment. Breakfast was very good - hot and cold buffet, pastries, juices and coffee. Only a few minutes wait at busy time on weekend. Overall, a great and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: If you book through Park Plaza website, it's worth registering for an upgrade at a small extra c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Docwake

Dear Docwake,

Thank you for your review! It's great to know you had such an enjoyable stay with us and looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and his parents for 3 nights over Christmas. We had a standard room on the 9th floor which was spacious and as it was a corner room it had dual aspect windows. We had views of the Houses of Parliament, one pod of the Eye (in between two buildings!) and Waterloo station. My in laws' room next door was slightly smaller but equally as stylish and clean. The hotel itself was very clean with very modern decor, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and hot, the food in the bar was also very good and reasonably priced for London, the bar had a great atmosphere with excellent service. Hotel location is also excellent, I would say only a 5 minute or so walk across the bridge to Big Ben.

Negatives: The room was not designed for short people (I'm 5'2") - the mirror in the bedroom and bathroom was too high for me to see myself properly so getting ready was a pain, the bath was too high resulting in my slipping a few times trying to get in, badly bruising myself on one occasion (my mother in law found this too). The bath was topped with a thick piece of marble which made it just that bit higher than a standard tub. The bathroom also had a glass sliding door which didn't shut with a seal so you can hear everything through it. These are all very minor details though and it wouldn't stop me from staying in the future. Thoroughly recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the lowest priced rooms are inward facing - into the atrium - so request an external view wh...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank City_FolkTravelBugs

Dear City_FolkTravelBugs,

Thank you for your review and recommendations. I am glad to read you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel! However, I am very sorry to hear of all inconveniences caused due to the design of our rooms and bathroom. I will most definitely share your review with our chief engineer to look into solution and make your future stays with us even more enjoyable.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my second trip to Park Plaza County Hall and I can say though the first stay was very good, they have managed to surpass themselves! The staff were friendly and highly attentive from the moment I started the booking process right through to when we headed off home. On arrival we were very early but they were happy to take our bags and upgraded us from a Studio room (which are excellent) to a Junior Suite with views of the London eye.

The room when we arrived back from some sight seeing and shopping was amazing. It was pristine with fabulous views and really spacious (actually bigger than my one bed house that I live in!) Once we had arrived in our room a lovely member of staff dropped our bags off to the room and let us know if we needed anything just ask and enjoy our stay.

We then headed out for a show at Volupte and The Bon Bon Bar (also excellent) where the lovely gentleman on the door of Park Plaza County hall found us a taxi to save us standing in the cold.

When we arrived back at the hotel I spoke with another 2 fantastic members of staff, both were excellent though the only ladies name I can remember was Tina, they organised a late check out and made us feel like the most valued guests at the hotel.

Breakfast was brought to the room the following morning at the time we asked and was delicious by far the best hotel breakfast I have had.

On check out the staff were wonderful checking our stay was good and just generally making us feel important to them. We unfortunately didn't get a chance to use the facilities however we are planning to go back soon to make full use of them over a weekend and see some more of London. I have stayed at some great London hotels but this by far is the best, exceeding some of the 5* hotels that I have stayed at in London in terms of both room quality and attentiveness of the staff.

Looking forward to staying here again.

Thank you to all the team at Park Plaza County Hall.

Room Tip: The Studio rooms and Junior Suites are lovely :)
2  Thank Heather M

Dear Heather M,

Waooo what a fantastic review! I am absolutely delighted to hear we managed to surprise you even more during your second stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire team, and especially with Tina who could not believe that her name was mentioned on TripAdvisor. Thank you!

Do not hesitate to let us know when you return next as we would like to make sure once again your stay with us will be memorable.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I came down for a long weekend with my girlfriend to watch England vs Brazil and we looked for a hotel for a couple of nights, which is good value for central London and we got more than we bargained for.

We initially booked a double room superior, but upon arrival had been told we were being upgraded to the penthouse, which was a fantastic surprise. I feel I could be cheating this review a touch, as we were given luxury we otherwise wouldn't have paid full whack for (being recently graduated students), but who can say no to a free upgrade?

The penthouse, for those intrigued to know, was superb. Spacious, bright, well equipped, immaculately clean and with a stunning view of London overlooking the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye. We were given a free bottle of bubbly and breakfast included as well. If you feel like spoiling yourself or someone, then this would be an ideal start.

As for the universal aspects relatable to everyone, the staff were lovely, very helpful and always happy to help. The hotel was clean, quiet and very modern. The location was brilliant, about 10 minutes from the Houses of Parliament and the same walking distance to Waterloo Underground Station.

Perhaps the only, very minor, qualm I have would be the food we ordered for room service. Great starter and adequate dessert, but the chicken tikka curry was very bland and rubbery. For £15, i felt a bit cheated, as i've had nicer pub curries for half the price.

Overall, a great stay, and I'd come back, with or without the upgrade.

2  Thank El_Morg
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear El_Morg

Thank you for a great reveiw, at the hotel we aim to please and it sounds like we managed it. I will pass your comments on to the chef with regards the curry as all feedback is good and positive.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon with or without the upgrade.

Kind regards
Karen Lorimer

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for the night as I was taking my husband to London for the evening to see a comedian at the Leicester square theatre. I notified the hotel before arriving I was 8 months pregnant and it was also my husbands birthday. Well what can I say.... From the moment we entered the hotel the minute we left we were looked after. We were upgraded to a studio with a London eye view, a lovely modern spacious suite. My husband received a complimentary bottle of wine and I had the choice of several pillows. Breakfast was fantastic and the service faultless. I had read before they had issues with the lifts, this was not the case during our stay. A lovely two day trip to London made special from the delights of the park plaza hotel. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kat P

Dear Kat P

I am so glad to read that we could look after you and surprize your husband at the same time. We have had a large lift maintance programme completed recently within the hotel and we are starting to notice the difference as our lifts are much faster in their operation.

I wish you both well for the future and hope that you return back to us once the baby is born.

Kind regards